We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Puerto Rico

Williamsburg...
3 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Puerto Rico

We are a casual family . My husband and I are traveling with our 13 and 17 yr old sons. We want a clean, nice, on the beach place to rent, that has snorkeling, excursions and casual activities close by...maybe even snorkeling off of the beach in front of the rental?? We would love to get local food and drinks close by. We were thinking about Vieqes but the whole flight /ferry thing seems soooo complicated. We love just sitting and watching and playing on the beach and see with a couple of day trips thrown in! Thanks!!

VIEQUES
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Puerto Rico

A bit of a tall order for Vieques in my opinion. This is not the type of place that has it all laying at your feet. Maybe you could find a spot on the main Island and make a day trip here or use East Island Excursions and do Bio Bay without having to stay here overnight. While a day trip here is possible, logistics can make it a bit daunting.

Bloomfield CT. USA
Level Contributor
257 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Puerto Rico

Hi Jim, Nice to see you are still here providing wonderful information to your beautiful island. We are making our annual trip this year on March 25-27. I'll look for you at La Nasa on Saturday night. Still trying to buy you a cerveza. Art

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,488 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Puerto Rico

Complicated? getting to Vieques is pretty easy, most people just take a plane either from SJU or to save a little money from SIG which is a short uncomplicated cab ride away.

People come to Vieques to enjoy some of the most beautiful beaches anywhere and that is what is considered an excursion around here.There are a few villas that might meet your requirements but you need to rent a car and make your own excursions.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Puerto Rico

Try checking out A Touch of Glass Beach House...sounds like it may have what you want.

5. Re: Where to stay in Puerto Rico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 05:19