We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from Vieques to another island

San Diego...
1 post
Save Topic
Day trip from Vieques to another island

Has anybody taken a day trip in which you've flown from Vieques to another island (besides Puerto Rico) and back on the same day? Was it worth your time or was it a hassle? I'm going to be staying on Vieques for an extended period and would like to visit another island without staying the night.

VIEQUES
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip from Vieques to another island

Saint Croix and Saint Thomas are your options from here. I have been to both. Was it worth my time?...yes...was it worth the money?...for me, yes. Was it a hassle? My experiences were relatively easy. If you bring down a pound of BBQ Brisket we could talk.

By the way, this Sunday on Brewers Beach , Saint Thomas, The 27th Annual Texas Chili Society cook-off happens. The winner gets to go to Terlingua, Texas for the National Chili Competition. All proceeds go to charity.

Ellston, Ia
Level Contributor
137 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip from Vieques to another island

IMO, It would be worth it to spend a little time on Culebra. You will fall in love with it. You can charter Flemenco or take VAL through Cieba to get there. For more info you can check out the post I just made to the Culebra vs Vieques thread.

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
8,015 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip from Vieques to another island

Check http://www.seaborneairline.com for schedules between Puerto Rico and other islands.

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip from Vieques to another island

We often used to go to St Croix for the day when the fares were cheaper. I recommend you research a good day to go, when there might be a ruins ramble or a starving artists day at Whim.

take an early flight and rent a car. You can explore around Fredricksted before anything even opens and get into C'sted late morning for shopping or lunch. It all depends on your interests .

Seabornes schedule as of today won't give you much time there as the return is at 2:30 pm. Vieques airlink does not publish a schedule but they traditionally have a flight around 6:30 am and return around 3:30 which is still a short day.

We prefer to spend the night and see more.

5. Re: Day trip from Vieques to another island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 11:16