We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental houses

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
20 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Rental houses

I've read several mentions of rental houses. There is only the two of us going. Is this still an option? We are coming for the first week in December,

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,025 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental houses

Sure. We rented one in Esperanza for $100 a night last year. Just the two of us. Lots more room than a hotel, plus a full kitchen. 2 Bedrooms. One for luggage, the other to sleep in.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,898 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental houses

Absolutely! We have one rented for our first trip to Vieques in early November. Found it on VRBO. The owner has been great. Always gets back to me (e-mail) within a day or two. They have an on-island caretaker (very important). He is meeting us at the airport and we are renting one of his jeeps (much cheaper than car rental companies). I am mailing a small box to him with sunscreen, bug spray, etc, ahead of time so we can do carry on only.

We'll rent a house or condo anyday over a hotel room!

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,795 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental houses

We almost always do vacation rentals when we travel.

My suggestion would be make sure you go with a place with a lot of good reviews. And ask the owners a lot of questions. Pictures can be deceiving.

Indiana
Level Contributor
815 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental houses

My wife and I have rented houses on the island. A lot depends on your budget. You can spend between $900 and $2500 a week depending on what you want and what time of the year. Like flowerfarm said it's best to check the reviews. VRBO, Home and Away, VT.com are all places to look.

We keep a blog of our trips to the island that has links to these sites for rentals. We also have pictures and videos of the places we've stayed. You can find it here if your interested:

http://afterthemortage.blogspot.com/

We prefer mid island and like houses that can catch the tradewinds.

Hope this helps some

Curt

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental houses

make sure you get your car rental set up ASAP.

Carthage, Missouri
Level Contributor
204 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental houses

We stayed at Casa Ladera in January and loved it. Although the property is a 2-story house and a separate casita, it is designed to be 3 separate rentals-bottom floor, top floor (separate outside entrance) and casita. Each has 2 bedrooms, a kitchen, bathroom, eating area, living room with satellite tv, free Wi-Fi, porch or balcony and a great pool shared by the 3 units. Also Jeeps available for rent and washer/dryer. Property had mangoes, coconuts and limes all for the picking. Easy walking distance to Playa Cofi (Sea Glass Beach). Located close to the airport, just outside of Isabel Segundo. Very close to grocery store and gas stations. 20 minutes drive to Esperanza. We rented the whole thing for a large family trip, but it would be great for just 2 as well.

7. Re: Rental houses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 14:16