We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vieques December 16-23-- How is it?

Virginia
Level Contributor
40 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Vieques December 16-23-- How is it?

Been to PR many times, but not Vieques and not this time of year. I would like to know if it is quiet and uncrowded. These are my main criteria for going. I can always go some other time of year. Also, will businesses be open that week and through that Friday December 23 so we won't have problems getting into places and restaurants? I have a lead on a nice cheap place on the boardwalk in Esperanza, but would appreciate any specific recommendations that fit the bill for a quiet, peaceful getaway.

Indiana
Level Contributor
837 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vieques December 16-23-- How is it?

Robert,

I've not been to Vieques during the times you mention, we go in early Nov and then in early Feb. It has been my experience to find things "busier", noiseir along the Malecon (but I use that term loosely). If you want "quiet and peaceful" I would recommend you look at a house out west of Esperanza or something up in the hills east. The Malecon is sort of a gathering place for tourists/locals, especially in peak season. There can be a lot of traffic and congestion along the Malecon. Also, sometimes (not sure just how often) cruise ships will be off the Malecon and will bring some of their passengers to the Malecon. You can search YouTube for some videos of driving along the Malecon.

Just my 2 cents

Curt

We keep a blog of out trips to the island. It has video and pictures, some helpful links. You can check it out if your interested:

http://afterthemortage.blogspot.com/

2. Re: Vieques December 16-23-- How is it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2012, 10:25