We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not to miss dive sites

Australia
Level Contributor
361 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Not to miss dive sites

Hello,

going to Vieques in few weeks (yay!). Have only 4 days, though.

I would like to spend 1 morning diving. What is the best area to dive in your opinion (experienced diver)? I just started doing my research and would appreciate the input. Do you recommend any particular dive outfit? Trying to avoid crowded boats. Thank you.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,082 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not to miss dive sites

unfortunately Vieques is not known for great shore diving. although if i were to shore dive, it would be somewhere around green beach and out and to the left at secret beach.

fir dive operators, check out the ads in the viequesevents.net web site

all over
Level Contributor
451 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not to miss dive sites

go to Culebra for a 1 day dive.

Much better all around for diving IMO.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
943 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Not to miss dive sites

We have been diving since 1977 and strongly recommend Nan Sea Divers. We have dove both Vieques and Culebra and the diving on Culebra is far superior. However, since you are only going to be there 4 days, save your diving on Culebra for another trip. It would not be worth it to go to Culebra to dive for the day. The ferry is unreliable at this time and with the 24 hr post dive flying restriction, stick to Vieques. My husband and I did keep our tanks and weights after our boat dive and went on a night dive on our own at the old pier in Esperanza.

Boston...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Not to miss dive sites

We also strongly recommend Nan sea Charters. Rooster and Mark are great and have the newest equipment. We saw sea turtles, eels, tons of fish. I certified here and felt lucky to have such great instructors in great conditions. I'm hooked!

5. Re: Not to miss dive sites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2013, 10:28
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques
Recent Conversations