We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currently, what are your favorite street food or food carts?

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winthrop...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Currently, what are your favorite street food or food carts?

What is the best pincho places lately? We had good luck at El Resuelve a couple years ago for beach snacks. I need to try the flan lady. How about the suckling pig guy near the graveyard in Isabel Segunda? I found his house but not sure what his hours our or he is still around? Anything new or highly recommended?

I found this post from a couple years, I assume it still applies. thanks!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147326-i649-k3576…

Worcester...
Level Contributor
351 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currently, what are your favorite street food or food carts?

We really liked the pinchos sold from a women right in front of the "dock" in Esperanza. I think she is only there on the weekend though becuase we went back and no one to be found :(...I do have the same general question about road side food locations though! When we were there we had a hard time find much(which seems hard to believe!) Other than resuelve and the mentioned women in Eperanza we didn't find anthing else. So I look forward to hear WHERE this palces are!

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,430 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currently, what are your favorite street food or food carts?

many of the stands and trucks are only open or even set up on weekends , in the winter season and the summer season. So midweek you may never see any.

The pork man near the cemetery is still there but you must stop and talk with him Thursday or Friday , place an order and show up at dawn on Saturday morning. Otherwise it is GONE! It is not anything special after it has sat for a Few hours but is moist and delicious early so it is often Pork for breakfast on a Saturaday.

I have not had any outstanding Pinchos in a long while. I only find chicken brushed with heinz BBQ sauce with a slice of bread. OK but not as good as the pork I have enjoyed in the past.

near the entrance to Sun Bay and in the parking lot at Esperanza there are always a variety of offerings including full meals.

I enjoy the octopus or squid salads that are often available, but they change from vendor to vendor and you just have to try them.

Another favorite are Bacalaoitos, a flat fritter made from dried Cod a very tarditional treat. sounds awful, tastes delicious!

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
3,921 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Currently, what are your favorite street food or food carts?

in so far as food trucks go, Sol Food is a food truck at the entrance to camp garcia. on the trip advisor restaurant guide it is rated number 1 of all restaurants on the island. it isnt authentic local cuisine.

there are lots of food trucks and kisoks. try as many as you can then tell us which you think are the best.

There is a guy doing pork at the new store in town called Todas Las Casa. it is situated to the right of the dish network store. which is to the right of banco popular. im not exactly sure when he is doing it. i thought thursdays but maybe daily for lunch.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
31 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Currently, what are your favorite street food or food carts?

The parking lot in Esperanza has the best variety, as well as the area in front of Sun Bay. My favortie this year has been "Los Colombianos" in the parking lot, as they have the best homemade ice cream popsicles. Yum!

Worcester...
Level Contributor
351 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Currently, what are your favorite street food or food carts?

The ones in the Esperanza parking lot, are they only open Saturday and Sunday?

6. Re: Currently, what are your favorite street food or food carts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 13:43