We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bio Bay 2 days after full moon

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
76 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Bio Bay 2 days after full moon

Hello

I will be in Vieques July 4 which is the day after a full moon. Our last night is July 6th. I emailed Vieques Adventure Company and although they said they would be going to the bay, they were also not very assuring that it would be a good night. Has anyone gone right after a full moon? Honestly I was debating staying on Vieques Vs Culebra and chose Vieques just so we could do the bio tour..so i hope we could enjoy it!

Thanks

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
312 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bio Bay 2 days after full moon

I asked this question on here a few months ago, so I'll repeat what I was told. The answer lies in the time that the moon rises. From what I understand, if you can complete the biobay tour before the moon rises, the viewing is good.

Here's a calendar that rates each date for biobay excursions.

www.puertoricodaytrips.com/biobay-and-moon/

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
3,895 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bio Bay 2 days after full moon

you should make AND keep the reservation. It's better than not going. and if it is cloudy, you will be in luck.

you just never know.

california
Level Contributor
76 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bio Bay 2 days after full moon

ok...i think its worth a try. i think the moon rises 1.5 hours after sunset. here was the reply i got

"We put our seal of approval on the tour. We tour from 2 nights after the fullmoon to half moon. The first night or two is not a complete 2hrs of darkness but mostly. The week of new moon to half moon there is less and less dark moments so you are on a good night."

does anyone recommend doing the man groves tour before getting to mosquito bay at night?

Tarpon Springs...
Level Contributor
105 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bio Bay 2 days after full moon

we were just in PR. May 6-10. we did bio bay on 9th. full moon was the saturday before. the night we went moon rose late and it was somewhat cloudy. we chose to do 6:00pm trip. we also did laguna grande in fajardo. i would go. it's worth the chance.

Edited: 22 May 2012, 13:55
Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
458 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bio Bay 2 days after full moon

We did the 2nd night after full moon in July 2011 with VAC. It was great. Cloudy, shower rolled in, which made the end of the tour interesting. Moonrise was after our 7pm tour finished up. It will be fine. Don't miss it.

6. Re: Bio Bay 2 days after full moon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 09:41
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques