We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How's my itinerary?

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
N. Denver
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
How's my itinerary?

6/2 Arrive SJU @ 11:30 Cape air to VQS @ 2:30 (there is a 12:30 if the stars align)

6/3-6/9...sleep, breakfast, beach, fish, lunch, snorkel, make sand castles/collect shells with daughter, supper, drink, play guitar, sleep. (and bio bay one night)

6/10...attend friends wedding @ Inn on the Blue Horizon

6/11-6/14...sleep, breakfast, beach, fish, lunch, snorkel, make sand castles/collect shells with daughter, eat, drink, play guitar, sleep. (ferry to Culebra/Flaminco beach one day?)

6/15...VQS to SJU sometime during the day. 4:45 flight out to reality.

Did I miss anything?

As you can see...I like to keep a tight schedule.

Rusty

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
438 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How's my itinerary?

Looks fabulous! FYI - there's no direct ferry to Culebra from Vieques. I don't think there are any regularly scheduled flights between the two island either. Your options are: Ferry to Fajardo then Culebra (would be grueling way to go for a day trip), fly to Ceiba then Culebra (much quicker), or charter a direct flight (probably costs a bit of $$).

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,166 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How's my itinerary?

Personally, we try to squeeze in a little food foraging and some light reading, but otherwise we think you've nailed it. It looks like you will have plenty of time to try each & every one of Vieques' amazing beaches.

With this much time on the island we'll be expecting a nice insightful trip report at the end of your vacation!

Hope you have a great stay! Let us know if you need any more itinerary help.

Isla de Vieques...
Level Contributor
218 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How's my itinerary?

Sounds perfect! Maybe take some time to visit the Vieques Humane Society with your daughter and take a dog (or two) for a walk. Better yet, take one (or two) back to Colorado. Snow is just cold water!

barefoot travelers...
Level Contributor
143 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How's my itinerary?

All looks fun but the idea of a day trip to Culebra from Vieques sounds like the start of a nightmare..not possible to do this so just 'settle' for the beaches in Vieques this trip and plan another for Culebra (my fav of the two) another occasion!

Edited: 24 May 2012, 02:48
barefoot travelers...
Level Contributor
143 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How's my itinerary?

All looks fun but the idea of a day trip to Culebra from Vieques sounds like the start of a nightmare..not possible to do this so just 'settle' for the beaches in Vieques this trip and plan another for Culebra (my fav of the two) another occasion!

Edited: 24 May 2012, 02:48
N. Denver
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How's my itinerary?

Now I'm going to have to change my highly regimented schedule...

6/11-6/14...sleep, breakfast, beach, fish, lunch, snorkel, make sand castles/collect shells with daughter, eat, drink, play guitar, sleep. (take shelter dog(s) for a walk...'try' not to get too attached)

Ponte Vedra, FL
Level Contributor
16 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How's my itinerary?

HA!! We will be there from 6/7-6/23 and our itinerary looks almost exactly the same!! This will the second trip to Vieques for my husband and I, this year we decided to bring the kids (6 & 11) along for the fun. Can't wait. It's amazing place. 13 days and counting!!!!!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How's my itinerary?

Sounds perfect! I keep telling people that our trip to Vieques last month was the most restful vacation that we've ever been on- our itinerary looked a lot like yours. Have a great trip!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
24 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How's my itinerary?

One item to consider adding: we chartered a boat so we could go snorkeling in the reef off of Vieques. We went with Little Boat Sailing – they were awesome! http://littleboatsailing.com/ We went out on a hobie, snorkeled for an hour, and then sailed all around the southern part of the island. It was a fabulous afternoon.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How's my itinerary?

Condolla, what are their prices? thanks