We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current weather

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
76 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Current weather

Hello

I will be arriving in San Juan this Monday 7/2 and to vieques on 7/4. I just checked weather channel which shows T storms all week! Yikes! What does this mean? Rain all day? Can someone there let me know cuz I'm worried a bit! Thanks!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
431 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current weather

Check out the "Top questions about Isla de Vieques" just to right on this forum page. "Current Weather" or "Will it rain all week" are perhaps the most frequently asked questions. BTW, the answer is: very doubtful - probably a passing shower most days.

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,872 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Current weather

On our property in Rio Grande at the edge of El Yunque, we received a total of 2.6" of rain in June. Compare that with the 15.9" we received in June 2011. I'm looking forward to a 60%+ chance of rain over the next couple of days! The rain forest needs to be watered!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Current weather

The main island gets a lot more rain than Vieques. It is almost always in the forecast, but IF it actually does rain, it is usually just a passing shower. Hardly enough to get you off of your beach chair. Enjoy!

Isla de Vieques...
Level Contributor
218 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current weather

It rained for 5 minutes yesterday. It rained last night - thunderstorm actually. It rained for 5 minutes this morning. Although we don't want your vacation to be ruined, we are hoping for some additional rain. Its pretty safe to say that if it starts to rain where you are, you could drive to the other side of the island and it will be sunny.

california
Level Contributor
76 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current weather

Well.. The storm is here. And it seems quite bad. Reports say it will be on tomorrow as well. I am happy for locals that the rain has come but I left behind my two babies 3000 miles away for this. It's been very depressing since I arrived earlier today. :( my AM horseback riding tour will likely be cancelled. We have bio bay on Friday. Anyone know if rains affect that too because I recall reading the rains make water murky.

6. Re: Current weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques