We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Open Restaurants

Chicago
Level Contributor
39 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Open Restaurants

Heading to the island in 3 weeks and wondering how to find out which restaurants are open this time of year?

Thanks to past forum questions I know that there are some good meals to be eaten in Vieques but during the off-season some places are closed. I'm looking for romantic place for our anniversary night.

Thanks for the help

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
3,009 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Open Restaurants

Most restaurants are closed 1 day a week except in the resorts where they are open 7 days. There are some in Cayey that are closed 3 days a week but those are the places along the road that sell roasted Pork. With the exception of a handful of restaurants that take a vacation for their staff, you should find just about everything open.

Why would you think they would be closed? Are you looking for a specific day?

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Open Restaurants

I thing they were looking for Vieques Restaurants. Check www.viequesevents.com

Chicago
Level Contributor
39 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Open Restaurants

Yes, I'm looking at restaurants on Vieques only. I had read that the low season is in September and October.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,061 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Open Restaurants

check out the restaurant reviews on this site, the link is on the left. decide on a couple of places and give them a call. it;s a regular call with free long distance(which is pretty standard).

Carambola at Inn on the Blue Horizon has gotten alot of good reviews.

Isla de Vieques...
Level Contributor
218 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Open Restaurants

I believe Carambola will be open, as well as Duffy's and Bananas.Have not heard of any closing plans for them. I think Next Course is closed until 9/18, Bili until 10/5 and Conuco from 9/18 to 10/10. Tradewinds closed last Thursday for a month, so they should be opening again around October 8. That is all I know about.

Chicago
Level Contributor
39 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Open Restaurants

Mujer...thanks for the update on those restaurants. To bad about Tradewinds and Conuco as they were both on my list of places to eat. Thankfully there it seems be a bunch of places to enjoy a great meal.

Best,

7. Re: Open Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques
Recent Conversations