We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night stay in Vieques...

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rogers, Arkansas
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
One night stay in Vieques...

Can anyone tell me some places that offer 1 night stays in Esperanza for relatively cheap? Taking girlfriend to PR and wanted to do a one night stay on Vieques to have one day beach hopping, get in the bio bay to propose to her, and then return to San Juan the next day. I have contacted Casa Alta Vista, but can't book until 1 week in advance...not going until June, so know it's not high season, if someone knows the possibility of getting a room there 1 week out during this time please advise.

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night stay in Vieques...

Although June is not high season, it'sschool summer vacations. Many locals "flock" to the Isla Nena (Vieques) to spend some days/weeks with their family. It is wise to reserve now.

centralpennsylvania
Level Contributor
55 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One night stay in Vieques...

Have you tried the Malecon Inn?

Rogers, Arkansas
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One night stay in Vieques...

I have, they won't do one nighters...finding some small inexpensive B&B's, now if I can find the contact info, lol.

Quincy
Level Contributor
94 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One night stay in Vieques...

Once you get to Vieques you are going to wish you stayed longer, do the Malecon House for 2 nights, you wont be dissapointed.

Are you flying over there? Its an effort to get there and despite you motive an extra day to beach hop and celebrate would be better spent on Vieques than back in San Juan......good luck

\

Berkshires
Level Contributor
272 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: One night stay in Vieques...

If you want a sublime spot (near Inn on the Blue Horizon), try Hectors by the Sea. Not sure if they do one nighters, but worth a try. If you want a simple inexpensive little casita in town Esperanza (on Magnolia), try Jamie's Escondite run and owned by a very nice and generous couple, Joe & Mimi Popp. Again, not sure if they will do one nighters.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One night stay in Vieques...

have you tried Bananas? i think they do single nights.

Rogers, Arkansas
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One night stay in Vieques...

The only bad thing that is keeping us from doing more than a one night stay is that we will still have our hotel room in SJ, so figure we can do with an early am flight to Vieques, get a Jeep, run around that day to different beaches, meet up with the tour that evening and be just fine returning the following morning...just as excited for exploring OSJ and just being bums on a beach near our hotel. And...will be a reason to return!

I have found two spots that will do one nighters, so other than booking I am all set. I appreciate everyone's help!

I have written one of the tours to find out about dipping hands into Bio Bay water, so I can cup a bit of glowing water with the ring placed down into my hands, and if anyone can tell me if that is okay, since swimming is not, that would be great, too!

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
16 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One night stay in Vieques...

We were in Vieques last month and on our biobay tour we were encouraged to run our hands in the water so you should be ok. We did the tour with Abe's. It was pretty great! Good luck!

Rogers, Arkansas
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One night stay in Vieques...

Thanks, bpaul...yea that's who I asked the question, and they replied the same thing...it's a toss up between using them or going with Vieques Adventure Co b/c they have transparent canoes, which might be cool.

Berkshires
Level Contributor
272 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: One night stay in Vieques...

So where will you be staying? Just curious. .