We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Making anniversary plans

houston, texas
Level Contributor
47 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Making anniversary plans

Excited to be headed to Vieques for our April anniversary. Wanted to share our plans and get feedback or ideas for first-timers.

We are staying at Oreanda guest house. Rented a jeep from Maritza's and are excited to explore all the beaches. We plan to purchase a waterproof bag and take the advice on leaving all valuables behind and door unlocked as well.

Made a reservation for bio bay tour with Abe, stand-up paddleboarding with Vieques Paddleboarding, and massage is planned with Ingrid too. Hope to make it to Hix House for morning yoga. Might get a pedicure at the W spa. Still undecided on horse tour and catamaran rental. So much to do!

So far I only have one meal reservation for an anniversary dinner reservation at Next Course. And then we will fill in meals and drinks with some of the following ideas:

Chez Shack on Mondays for music

Cunuco

Get coffee with rum at The Window Cafe in Lazy Jack's Bar

Momasongas breakfast

Duffy's for drinks

Al's Mar Azul for drinks

Belly Buttons for breakfast

La Dulce Esperanza bakery for breakfast

Carambola or Blue Moon Bar and Grill in Blue Horizon

Isla Nena at airport

Sol Food (truck on beach)

Orquideas for nice meal

El Quenepo for nice meal

Ocean View Bar and Grill

Tradewinds for nice meal

El Patio for mufongo

Would love any additional ideas or feedback? Specific favorites are always appreciated!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
111 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Making anniversary plans

We are going to be there in April too and I am excited to hear what others have to say about what you listed. :) Does anyone know if there is a place on the island that currently serves sushi?

Indiana
Level Contributor
865 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Making anniversary plans

RBTTexas, looks to me like you've got all the bases covered, although I didn't see Roys coffee shop on the list?

Regarding finding sushi on Vieques, you can always check out Mr. Sushi in Isabel.

:-)

Canada
Level Contributor
123 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Making anniversary plans

Holy crap Batman.....your list has it all. The only thing you are missing is a beer one night at the Bar Plaza.... The older Gentelemn playing pool and dancing to the latin tunes is worth a visit....

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,632 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Making anniversary plans

I do not think Duffys Chez Chack is doing Mondays ( or any night) this year. TRy Duffys Tin Box , mid island instead.Ocean View is also closed.Orquideas has gone thru many incarnations, Some of the great reviews belong to former operators. things change around here.

I heard Als Mar Azul is reinstituting free salsa lessons on Mondays.

Chester County, Pa.
Level Contributor
75 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Making anniversary plans

Sol Food is not on the beach but rather on the way to the beaches and has limited hours .

Gainesville, VA
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Making anniversary plans

Sol food was only open Friday thru Sunday after 11am last weekend. We could never time it right. Had our last dinner at Next Course and loved it! Even with an island-wide power failure, they didn't miss a beat. We also liked the local, El Resuelve which had great empanadas but their hours are also unpredictable. It's off 997 just past the hospital and fire station. Favorite beaches....Playa Plata for the sand and sheer beauty and Arenas/Green for off-beach snorkeling. Not enough time to enjoy it all!

houston, texas
Level Contributor
47 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Making anniversary plans

Thank you all for the corrections and added suggestions! Much appreciated. I just hope we have enough time to do it all!

Isla de Vieques...
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Making anniversary plans

Ocean View is closed. Chez Shack is open.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
111 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Making anniversary plans

Thanks Curt...I wasn't sure it was still open..but glad to hear it is! :)

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,632 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Making anniversary plans

There is a new place in town, the Champa Spa ( no sign yet) just up from Mar azul to get a pedicure at a fraction of what it costs at the W. Gwen ( actually Nguyen) is open Wednesday to Saturday and requires a reservation. Pm me for her phone number.

Edited: 08 April 2013, 09:59