We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reggae music

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oakland, California
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Reggae music

Hello,

About to leave for PR and a 5 night stay in Esparanza. This forum has been super helpful in planning for our trip. Thanks to all! One last question - are there any places on Vieques that have live raggae music. I've heard reggaeton flows from car stereos but I'm hoping to find a bar/restaurant that has live reggae. I'd settle for any live music actually. Can't wait to report back on the trip.

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,410 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reggae music

Not very likely.

On occasion there will be a reggae band on island ( it is not really part of the culture here) but I have not even heard of any in a year or two.I remember a big reggae event at Sunbay lasting a weekend.

Friday nights is open mike night at Mar Azul and the music can be excellent.

Sometimes one of the bars in Esperanza will have a folksinger or a group perform.

The fort or the municipality sponsors different music events several times a year and those would be listed in Vieques Events.

There is not even a dance hall operating on the island these days as there was years ago where there would be live salsa or regaeton music.Maybe someone else knows more than i..

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reggae music

Raggae is not popular in Puerto Rico where salsa, merengue, bachata and reggaeton reign supreme.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reggae music

What about the place that was opened few yars ago. It's a bunker converted into a club or bar, is that place still open?

4. Re: Reggae music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques