We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Zafra

Round Hill VA
Level Contributor
79 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
La Zafra

La Zafra is a block up the hill from the Mar Azul. Open air dining or inside-it looks like a large patio with huts that are opened when it is opened. Best meal we had during our stay 4/1-4/9 2013.

We shared the Masitas de Mero (fish bites) and my partner had the Dorado con salsa de pina con arroz con coca. I had the best Churrasco (marinated beef steak) with a fantastic root mash to soak up the gravy, that I have ever eaten. The food was five star quality and by far the best we have found on the island. Desert was a spicy and sweet pumpkin pudding with whipped cream along with very good decaf coffee. We were shocked when the bill came-it was half of what we expected.

It seems to be opened every day but Wednesday from 6:00 to 9:00 or so but it is best to call ahead if you want to be sure (787-431-3797). Policy as of last week is cash only and it is a BYOB.

Hope this restaurant succeeds-the chef used to be at the Inn of the Blue Horizons and is very talented.

Lancaster PA
Level Contributor
259 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Zafra

Thanks for the review, I'm excited to try it and love the location - sounds like a winner!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
113 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Zafra

Excited to give it a try! Thanks for the recommendation and information!

Level Contributor
79 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Zafra

Our group stopped by their opening evening back in early February and we were all very presently surprised by the quality of the food. I sincerely hope they make a run of it and look forward to our visit there next year.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,245 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Zafra

Looking forward to trying this. We've always found it to be such a great setting.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
445 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Zafra

This is in the space that used to be Coconuts - right?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,245 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Zafra

Assume so- at least that's the place we were referring to!

San Juan, Puerto...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: La Zafra

I just ate at La Zafra, the food was great, and price was reasonable. There was a mistake with the phone number. For reservation call 787-741-3797. Looking foward to visit again.

8. Re: La Zafra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques