We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bio Bay dates October 14-20 all bad days!!HELP!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bio Bay dates October 14-20 all bad days!!HELP!!

So we are traveling thru these dates and the calendars i have checked say not good days to attend the bio tours but we are there on our honeymoon and already booked the trip please help! this was the first and only thing on my list of things i wanted to see!! HELP!!

Lancaster PA
Level Contributor
255 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bio Bay dates October 14-20 all bad days!!HELP!!

Well, the lunar calendar is what it is. The 20th will be good as it is after the full moon but I'm guessing you will be on the way home by evening.

Sounds like a perfect reason to plan an anniversary trip!

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bio Bay dates October 14-20 all bad days!!HELP!!

You have one of two choices:

1. Change your itinerary

2. Come back again.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bio Bay dates October 14-20 all bad days!!HELP!!

Don't panic. make your reservation for the 14th. you may be tired from travelling, but you will have the rest of the week to rest up.truthfully, you may even be ok on the 15th. especially if it is cloudy. just make the reservation and go. you won't regret it.

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,491 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bio Bay dates October 14-20 all bad days!!HELP!!

frankie

Just who are they supposed to make a reservation with and for what.? Island Adventures says "NO TRIP"?

i suppose it would be possible to find out what time the moon sets and go out at 3 am but I think it would be cheaper to pay the airline rebooking fee usually $100 per person and stay they extra night and go out on the 20th. It would be a spectacular last night of a honeymoon.

Edited: 18 April 2013, 11:26
Vieques
Level Contributor
3,491 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bio Bay dates October 14-20 all bad days!!HELP!!

Check this out

timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html…

it may be possible to get a privat tour with one of the kayak companies around 10 pm or so

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bio Bay dates October 14-20 all bad days!!HELP!!

Well, let's see.Out of ALL the companies listed below, you think NONE will be going on on the fringe days?

If ISLAND ADVENTURES says no trip, its only for them. They dont rule the bio bay. They cannot determine when other companies can go out on a tour. And they have gone out on their "no tour" dates if it is cloudy.

Also, all the companie below were listed in a local magazine. I would hope they ALL have their license if they were printed as BIO BAY TOUR OPERATORS. No? Although I doubt that all of those companies actuall do tours.

Bio Bay / Water Sports

Bahía Biol / Deportes Acuáticos

Abe’s Snorkeling & BioBay 2134

Aqua Frenzy Kayak 0913

Bayoya Adventure 955.9506

Black Beard’s Sports 1892

Blue Caribe Kayaks 2522

Caribbean Fly Fishing 1337

Caribbean Lady Charters 930.5610

El Pescador Marine Supply 1146

Fun Brothers Jet Ski Rentals 435-9372

Heaven Caribe 909-9685

Island Adventures 0720

Isla Nena Scuba 718.7607

Kiany Tours 556-6003

LittleBoat Sailing 366.5202

Luminita Biobay Tours 447-4104

Made in the Shade 508.353.3090

Marauder Sailing 435.4858

Playa Voltios Surf Shop 7873

Snorkel by Boat 435.9834

SurfSUP Vieques 232.6906

Travesias Yaureibo Kayaks 447.4104

Vieques Adventure Company 692.9162

Vieques Charters 1389

Vieques Dive Company 672-6565, 232-8488

Vieques Paddleboarding 366.5202

Vieques Sailing 508.SAIL

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bio Bay dates October 14-20 all bad days!!HELP!!

Most tour outfits will not be going out on full moon days.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bio Bay dates October 14-20 all bad days!!HELP!!

It's not a full moon on the 14th. I don't understand why people are so negative. This couple is going to be there regardless. They seem to understand the chances of going. Let them try. Don't be so discouraging. What's the worst that is going to happen? They don't go? At least if they try there is a chance that they will go. The OP already stated they're not changing dates. Let them try. Wow. Is it me?

Edited: 19 April 2013, 02:36
Vieques
Level Contributor
3,491 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bio Bay dates October 14-20 all bad days!!HELP!!

Frankie

All those companies are listed under bio bay/ watersports.

please note the slash, it means "and/or"

of course most have nothing to do with Bio Bay tours . the licensed Bio Bay tour companies will not schedule trips on evenings when it will be TOO bright to see anything, it would be irresponsible and a rop off.

There are a few nights in the OP travel dates when the moon sets around 10 pm and they may find someone willing to go out very late.I posted a link to the the moonrise and set times.

As has been stated here OFTEN it is not always the phase of the moon but the time it rises and sets that determines whether it is a good night for viewing Bio Bay.

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,491 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bio Bay dates October 14-20 all bad days!!HELP!!

actually

i will apologize to the OP, i read the moon rise and set table incorrectly on my tiny screen.I was reading the meridian time.

The moonsets are much later and too close to dawn to plan a midnite trip.