We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

island adventures tour of biobay at 4.5 months pregnant

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
4 posts
Save Topic
island adventures tour of biobay at 4.5 months pregnant

Hi,

My husband and I are going to PR at the end of the month. We checked with east wind adventures and they dont allow pregnant women cos the boat ride from fajardo to vieques is very bumpy(!?!). i have two q's ---

1. how bumpy are the usual ferry rides from fajardo to vieques?

2. how bad is the bumpy bus ride to vieques? the woman on the phone told me that they could seat me in the front of the bus.

i really really want to go to mosquito bay so any inputs are helpful.

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,410 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: island adventures tour of biobay at 4.5 months pregnant

You will be fine!

You are pregnant not sick , even the worst ferry ride could not induce labor. East Island just does not want to deal with a possible delivery ( As is their right)

at around at 4.5 month you will hardly be showing unless you are pushing it,. Just do it!

Edited: 15 May 2013, 02:37
pa
Level Contributor
795 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: island adventures tour of biobay at 4.5 months pregnant

I agree with wholegrain, unless you are a high risk pregnancy! I rode 4-wheelers, mowed grass and pretty much everything I normally did till 9+ months of pregnancy.

Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
716 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: island adventures tour of biobay at 4.5 months pregnant

Do you get car sick or sea sick? I flew to Vieques because I didn't want to deal with the ferry. A flight would require an overnight stay and lodging options are limited the shorter the stay. The bus ride is quite bumpy, but it is also very slow. Unless you have significant motion sickness issues, I would not hesitate to visit Mosquito Bay!

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
3,895 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: island adventures tour of biobay at 4.5 months pregnant

i would suggest you do not rely on anyones memory to seat you in the front. those seats go first. just remind them a couple of times that you were promised a front seat.

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,410 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: island adventures tour of biobay at 4.5 months pregnant

If you really want to do East island, call them later and don't even mention the pregnancy.

4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: island adventures tour of biobay at 4.5 months pregnant

Thanks a lot for all the replies!!! :)

@ wholegrain - my bump does show so i dont want to ruffle any feathers.. honestly speaking i would not like to have paranoid crew hovering near me. im happy to go with island adventures :) thanks!

@5cheers - wow you are a supermom!:) no im not a high risk pregnancy just a tad paranoid. thanks!

@ deb15july- nope i dont get motion sickness easily. i will be fine if the bus is not fast. i dont like small planes... so ferry it is! and since i am going with island adventures i will be staying the night at vieques so thats fine. thanks!

@frankipoo.. yes i will make sure of that! thanks!!

7. Re: island adventures tour of biobay at 4.5 months pregnant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques