We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommodations take 2 and other questions

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
accommodations take 2 and other questions

Okay, hope I'm not annoying everyone with my questions. We are really considering moving our trip up to November this fall. Side question, I know it's hit or miss on the weather in November, but on a rainy day is it an all day thing or more of an off and on kind of thing?

Back to my real question... We are looking for a place for 6 nights, $135/night max. We would be more willing to be at the top of our budget if the place served breakfast so that cost was built in. It is just the two of us, no kids along. We don't want a noisy, busy location, like right on the malecon. Bonus points if the place has beach gear available. I really like beso del caribe but we really don't need two bedrooms.

Third unrelated question... can you get life jackets anywhere? We both swim, but wouldn't be in shape to swim so much. I feel like snorkeling would be more enjoyable if we didn't have to think about staying afloat.

Thanks for humoring me everyone!

Worcester...
Level Contributor
351 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accommodations take 2 and other questions

I have stayed at Besos del Caribe twice, and would highly recommend it! We were traveling as a couple and didn't need two bedrooms either, but found at that price point, we were not really paying extra. We also loved having the beach gear there, and there is a kayak too! If you have any specific questions about Besos, I would be happy to answer. Besos has life jackets!!!!

Edited: 15 July 2013, 16:10
Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accommodations take 2 and other questions

Amelia, who/what is on the lower level of Beso? And where on the island is it? You're right, for the price it can't be beat and I love the look of the house. We are deciding, I think, between it and the casita at Esperanza Inn.

Worcester...
Level Contributor
351 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accommodations take 2 and other questions

The lower level of Besos is another apartment. There is a first floor, and second floor. The first time we stayed the owners were living in the lower level. The second time, there were other renters. We barely noticed others on either visit. The locations of your two choices are very different. I would imagine depending on where you want to stay, your decision should make it easier.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accommodations take 2 and other questions

In November the rain is usually all day or most of the day. rainy days in Nov do not tend to be short.

Indiana
Level Contributor
842 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accommodations take 2 and other questions

Franki,

I respectfully disagree about the rain in November. I've been going to Vieques every November for a few years now and the rain at best lasts a few hours, most times just ending up being a passing shower. Only caveat is that lingering low from a nearby hurricane in early Nov. We experienced that scenario with Thomas one year.

:-)

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accommodations take 2 and other questions

I'm glad to hear that Curt. From what I have read, it may be a few hours but not usually all day... I think we'll brave it. I also read hurricane season is generally over, but of course, there is always that chance. I think I'm purchasing airline tickets tomorrow!

Worcester...
Level Contributor
351 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: accommodations take 2 and other questions

We are holding our breath for the hurricanes too...traveling mid to late August this year.

8. Re: accommodations take 2 and other questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2014, 06:20