We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Question

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Rental Question

I am looking for advice regarding rentals - we traveling in a group of 5 in February 2014 (our dates are flexible) and we are looking for a rental under $1,800 for the week. Can any provide good suggestions on a rental they have previously stayed at? Any advice would be great, thanks!

Indiana
Level Contributor
886 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental Question

Probably need to decide how many bedrooms you need. Are there couples that would need one room or is it 5 individuals? Makes a big difference. It sounds like at the very least you need 3 bedrooms. The only house we've stayed at with 3 bedrooms is Casa Dos Chivos. I would recommend it.

Curt

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental Question

Thanks. We have one couple and then 3 individual adults who don't mind sharing beds/space. If that helps.....

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental Question

there are dozens and dozens of rental. i suggest you go onto the big websites like VRBO punch in you dates, price and minimum number of Bedrooms. go tnru the lists and read up. narrow it down and come back and ask what ones posters here might recommend.Just about every house on island advertises with one or both VRBO and Homeawy. flipkey also has homes listed and there will be crossovers. pick and choose.

Edited: 02 August 2013, 22:41
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental Question

I am currently looking at Dulce Sueno, Casa De Lu Rusa, and Banana Patch - can anyone give me any suggestions on these rentals?

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental Question

dulce sueno has the best views and the most space ,comfort and privacy. banana patch is tasty and close to a beach, butonly one bathroom andbwith so many adults that might be tight.

i have not been in la Rusa for several years. you still need to get in a car to visit any great beaches or restaurants. Withbthe composition of your group Dulce Sueno may be thebmost comfortable choice.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental Question

we are also considering casa angie - how does that compare with dulce sueno?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rental Question

Another consideration is Casa de Luz. Any comments on this rental?

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,082 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rental Question

hey WG, are typing on your phone?

nriese, you can also try searching those place here and see if anyone has commented on them, even though I think WGs advice is always spot on.

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rental Question

Casa Angie is a totally different sort of choice as it is just west of he action in Esperanza. It is ceratinly nice .and if you want to be near the action it is great.. There may be a glimpse of the ocean from the front yard but it is not a house where you are going to just kick back and enjoy the view.

Casa de luz is very comfortable and has argueably one the best views on Vieques and is much more peaceful.Sitting around on the large dining deck is the true pleasure of this property

I do not think there is a wrong chpice in your contenderes it is just a matter of what your group wants out of this trip. Both have nice pools.

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rental Question

ahhhh

Comparing

Casa Angie and Dulce Sueno ( or Casa Luz)!is like Apples and Oranges.Hustle Bustle vs peace and views. You need to decide what this group vacation is all about.

You are going to drive to the best beaches where ever you stay.

Casa Angie does offer walk to restaurants and Bars so if some of your group may want to stay out later than others it is walking distance.

If dinner parties at home at least several of the nights is part of the program chose a house in the hills.

Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques