We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dialysis in Vieques

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
2 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Dialysis in Vieques

Does anyone have any experience with getting kidney dialysis in Vieques? We typically rent a house on Vieques for a few weeks each winter and are hoping to be able to continue that tradition now that one of our party requires dialysis 3x a week. I see there is a dialysis facility on the island but am a little wary about the quality of care.

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,430 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dialysis in Vieques

Wow! I can not answer the question with absolute certainty BUT the lack of a dialysis facility has been a political issue on Vieques often in the past. Whether at the moment it is possible I would have to call the hospital which I can do tomorrow

What I can say is that I doubt that it would be possible for a tourist to plug in for a week or two. . I would strongly advise against even trying. I can pretty well guarantee that the hospital resources are stretched to the limit and even though we have equipment it is probably antiquated.

The insurance issue is another whole can of worms as stateside insurance will probably not work here.

2. Re: Dialysis in Vieques

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2014, 07:18