We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inn on the Blue Horizon, Oreanda or Colores del Mar?

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Inn on the Blue Horizon, Oreanda or Colores del Mar?

I'm looking for a romantic honeymoon spot in Vieques and have narrowed down our options to Inn on the Blue Horizon, Oreanda and Colores del Mar. All different experiences, but all look lovely and romantic in their own way. We are looking for a place that allows for some privacy, easy access to things we want to do (beaches, dinner, etc), has great views and attractive furnishings. We are in the $200 a night range.

Welcome feedback on these locations, as well as ideas for spots we may not have considered yet! Thanks!

Indiana
Level Contributor
805 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inn on the Blue Horizon, Oreanda or Colores del Mar?

If you can wait about 10 weeks I can tell you about Colores Del Mar, we'll be staying there. You might also check out Los Cocos, we stayed there this past Feb. I have some video and pictures of the place, if your interested:

This is the outside

…blogspot.com/2013/02/los-cocos.html

This is the inside

…blogspot.com/2013/02/inside-los-cocos_8.html

This is a very well kept property (inside and out), a beautiful house.

hope this helps some

Curt

Worcester...
Level Contributor
351 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inn on the Blue Horizon, Oreanda or Colores del Mar?

Colores del Mar as a honeymoon spot would be fabulous! It truly is built for a couple. We stayed for a week, and will stay there over and over again, assuming of course we are traveling as a couple. From the king size bed, double shower head, and hot tub complete with ocean view, it is a fabulous spot for a honeymoon! We have not stayed at either place but have dinned at Inn on the blue horizon. It is a very different feel than Colores del Mar. Would you rather be at a private rental, or at a hotel type setting?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inn on the Blue Horizon, Oreanda or Colores del Mar?

So - we actually ended up booking Colores Del Mar - but even after paying for the house we left and checked in at Inn on the Blue Horizon. It was the right choice for us - the house itself was completely fine and true to pictures, but the owner made me feel very uncomfortable and nervous and quite frankly, I just didn't feel safe staying there. We ended up taking a taxi to the Inn on the Blue Horizon and it never felt crowded or like a "hotel" to us - a quaint villa with gorgeous views and horses roaming the property day and night. The staff was great and I think the entire time we were there we saw about 10 other people onsite. We ended up throwing away the money spent on Colores Del Mar, but the peace of mind and welcoming attitude was exactly what we needed to set the tone for relaxing honeymoon.

Worcester...
Level Contributor
351 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inn on the Blue Horizon, Oreanda or Colores del Mar?

I am glad you ended up enjoying your trip. As much as we enjoyed Colores, we did not book there again for our upcoming trip after all. After a few correspondences with the owners we realized it wasn't the best fit for us anymore.

Indiana
Level Contributor
805 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inn on the Blue Horizon, Oreanda or Colores del Mar?

I am sorry to hear about that and to be completely honest I know exactly what your talking about.

You ended up making the best of it and it sounds like you still had a great time.

:-)

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inn on the Blue Horizon, Oreanda or Colores del Mar?

intriguing

7. Re: Inn on the Blue Horizon, Oreanda or Colores del Mar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques