We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timing of flights from Vieques to the States

Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
Save Topic
Timing of flights from Vieques to the States

Hi - I'm wondering if someone can help me witih timing - I'm planning a flight from Vieques arriving at SIG at 12:30. Will have to collect baggage and taxi over to SJU to catch a 3:55 flight back to the States. I think that will will work. Arrive SIG 12:30, collect baggage 30 min, taxi to SJU 30 min - Arrive SJU between 1:30 and 2:00. Seems doable - yes or no? Thank you.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,267 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timing of flights from Vieques to the States

Absolutely doable, plenty of time.

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,537 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timing of flights from Vieques to the States

Yup, that is OK

Edited: 17 October 2013, 01:20
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,197 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Timing of flights from Vieques to the States

Time for a few brewskis at SJU before boarding.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Timing of flights from Vieques to the States

yes, more than enough time.

I would wait on the tarmac with the plane for your bags then go directly outside for a cab

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,537 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Timing of flights from Vieques to the States

Those planes only carry 9 passengers. It only takes a few minutes to collect the bags, not 30.

They only issue I have ever had at SIG is that there were no taxis or not enough taxis.It has not happened in a long time You might ask the ticket agent in Vieques to call ahead and make sure .Often the cab drivers may have you share a cab.

The drive in the middle of the afternoon between airports is 10-12 minutes.

Edited: 21 October 2013, 09:05
6. Re: Timing of flights from Vieques to the States

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2014, 06:21