We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to rent a car on the island?

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to rent a car on the island?

Hi,

I've read here that car rentals can become scarce during high season and should be booked well in advance. I'm planning to travel to the Island in early February. Any advice on where I should rent a car. Kayak and priceline come up with nothing.

Thanks!

Indiana
Level Contributor
805 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to rent a car on the island?

In times past I would have told you that at this point you need to rent from where ever you can find a vehicle. Some say that there's a lot more availability of rental cars now. Still I say your pushing the envelope, renting this late. I would first try the more popular rental companies, (i.e. Avis, Maritzas ) and then fan out from there. We usually have our rental car booked 4 to 6 months in advance.

hope this helps some

Curt

Indiana
Level Contributor
805 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to rent a car on the island?

I just checked and it looks like Maritzas has vehicles, maybe Avis does too. Remember that many of the rental car companies are not affiliated with travel agencies, nor do many have online booking. You really need to call to make sure.

Avis 787-397-2533

Maritzas 787.741.0078 or 787.741.1666

:-)

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
330 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to rent a car on the island?

We have vacationed on Vieques 2X and rented from Vieques Car Rental with no issues.

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to rent a car on the island?

I just got a 4WD from Avis on their web site for that period. Decent price too. At least it said it was Avis. I guess we'll see if it is for real or not.

Saint Louis
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to rent a car on the island?

I just used Island Car Rental (near the W) and had a great experience with them.

6. Re: Best place to rent a car on the island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques