We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inn on the Blue Horizon

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Inn on the Blue Horizon

Anyone know anything about this place? It looks great on the website but not to sure where it is, near Esparanza or Isabel? Looking for any info I can find on this place.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
433 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inn on the Blue Horizon

Did you check out all the user reviews under the "Hotels" tab of the Trip Advisor website?

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147326-d147755…

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Inn on the Blue Horizon

you can probably find more info in at

www.isla-vieques.com

search under lodging. they also have a really good forum that at times is a bit more active. feel free to ask more ??

good luck,

doda

wisconsin
Level Contributor
129 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inn on the Blue Horizon

The Inn on Blue Horizon is right outside of Esperenza, a few minutes out. It is next door to Hectors by the Sea which is where we stayed and were very happy we did. The Inn is right on the ocean. It looks very pretty, but Hectors is not right on top of it so we did not see it up close. We meant to go over for drinks and appitizers but never did. The location is wonderful, right on the ocean, right out of town, so its close but not right in town. Vieques was fantastic. Several very nice restuarants and beautiful beaches with no crowds at all!

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Inn on the Blue Horizon

Countrygirl,

I am considering Hectors for next year. Were there any comfortable chairs in the room in which to read at night? Did you feel the room was too small? Thanks, Owa

Richmond, Texas
Level Contributor
43 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inn on the Blue Horizon

The Inn is one of the fancier / more exclusive hotels on the island. Its location is beautiful and it has a great bar but the food is overpriced for what is served. We checked it out on a previous visit and again this month. We stopped by for the advertised Tapas Night but were extremely disappointed (more like fancy appetizers and not Spanish Tapas). It was also expensive - $14 for 4 Coconut Shrimp! I would recommend it for having drinks in a great location (the painted bar top is cool) but skip the food. I'm not sure what the rooms are like but they're probably pretty nice based on appearance of the bar & hotel. The Inn originally traded as a gay-friendly resort but has changed hands a little while back so I'm not sure if the resident mix has also changed. We saw a strong gay presence the first time but not so much this time if you care about this type of thing.

6. Re: Inn on the Blue Horizon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 17:19