We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public TV addiction

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
74 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Public TV addiction

I'm ashamed to admit my addiction to Downton Abbey but is there any place on the island that would offer access to watching tonight's episode? It doesn't seem to be offered on the Public TV station on our satellite. I know...get a life.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public TV addiction

We don't have an answer for you, but can totally relate! The good news is that it's easy to catch up with Downton. Maybe "get a life" while you're vacationing and return to fantasy when you get home!

Isla de Vieques...
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public TV addiction

I am not sure what service you have here, but I have DISH and channel 40 has Downton Abbey scheduled for tonight(Sunday) at 9 pm, preceded by a one hour special on the filming of the series and it's "castle".

However, many times the listings aren't accurate for this channel and there are last minute changes. Hopefully not tonight. If you do have Dish it might be that the owner of your house may have chosen a lower tiered programming that doesn't include local stations. You can also screen it on pbs.org if you have wi-fi. Hope you get to see it!

Detroit
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public TV addiction

I, too, love Downton Abbey and view it exclusively from the PBS app on my iPad. I like the freedom of watching when I have the time vs. at the scheduled air time. Sadly, the house we rent on Vieques does not offer WiFi. The uptick is the treat of 2 back to back episodes at one viewing once I return home.

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,410 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public TV addiction

You would probably get last years episode . We get PBS on dish but not the episode you want.

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,410 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public TV addiction

try 7767 on Dish that is what we watch antiques roadshow And Downton Abbey.

You will not find it at a bar..

Edited: 13 January 2014, 00:39
Vieques
Level Contributor
3,410 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public TV addiction

Well I watched it.

It was the season premier, that takes place six months after Mathew is killed. I am pretty sure that season aired last year in the USA.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Public TV addiction

Wholegrain, the 2 hour season premiere was actually last week. Things are progressing quickly with tonight's episode (yes, we're teasing you petrus 1966). The house was full of guests and in some disarray! Kiri Te Kanewa makes a guest appearance. Modernity continues to put pressure on the men-folk! Relationships are in turmoil! Mary's on the mend.

We'll say no more!

Virginia
Level Contributor
74 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Public TV addiction

Thanks a million- oh if only everything in life could work like TripAdvisor!

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,410 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Public TV addiction

Bruce and John if you were watching it up there in Canada it is different !

I watched the two hour season premier last night at 9 PM On the station mentioned, 7767 ( show in English all the public announcements in Spanish)It was not a rebroadcast from last week???

hen you get home you can probably catch a rebroadcast of whatever you missed, I think the show a couple of times a week but at odd hours.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Public TV addiction

Hi, Wholegrain;

We watch on PBS- the Detroit affiliate is the one we get on our satellite service.

Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques