We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How bad are mosquitoes in summer (low season)

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How bad are mosquitoes in summer (low season)

I'm going to be coming in the low season and staying for a while at an acquaintances house. Wondered how bad the mosquitoes are in the late summer also, how uncomfortable it is sleeping with no AC (House has no AC) . Any advice would be appreciated. I've always been susceptible to mosquito bites :(

1. Re: How bad are mosquitoes in summer (low season)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 11:46
Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,848 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How bad are mosquitoes in summer (low season)

There are many People in Puerto Rico that do not have Aircondition. I only use mine in the summer month, otherwise we use Fans.The Electricity is more then double in PR. Mosquitos are usually biting in the late afternoon. The more Rain we have, the more Mosquitos. You can take Vitamin B before you come, that will help too. You ca use OFF spray or cream and for the House you can buy some Citronella Candles ( any Supermarket has them)

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,068 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How bad are mosquitoes in summer (low season)

Can you sleep without air conditioner in Austin in the summer? If yes, you'll be ok in PR. If no, you may have a problem.

Austin, Texas
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How bad are mosquitoes in summer (low season)

Well no, its hard to sleep here without AC but it gets much hotter in Austin - !00+ degree days. I dont think you get that hot...

5. Re: How bad are mosquitoes in summer (low season)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 05:19