We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Air Flight Change-Is this common?

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Air Flight Change-Is this common?

I got an email from Cape Air saying our flight changed- they moved us up a full hour. So now, we fly into SJU at 1:57 and our Cape Air flight is supposed to leave at 3:00. I booked both of the flights separately.

I am a bit nervous now, because I wanted 2 hours to transfer. We are checking bags and I want to make sure there is enough time. What do you think I should do? This seems odd to me. It's our honeymoon and first real vacation together, so I'm not the most experienced traveler.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
7,916 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Air Flight Change-Is this common?

What airline. Cape Air has agreementw with several airlines. You might be able to check your bags all the way through to Vieques.

boston
Level Contributor
511 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Air Flight Change-Is this common?

Can you move the Cape Air flight a little later? I'd be leery of a one hour time frame to connect.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Air Flight Change-Is this common?

I just called and they said it was some sort of glitch. So now I'm back to my 4:00 flight. I'm comfortable with 2 hours in between.

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,410 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Air Flight Change-Is this common?

glad it worked out. If this should happen to anyone else, when a major schedule change is forced on you , you can cancel without penalty and rebook with someone else at a more convenient hour.

Edited: 28 March 2014, 20:31
Indiana
Level Contributor
805 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape Air Flight Change-Is this common?

Erica you had mentioned previously that your flight out of Wisc was American. American has a baggage agreement with Cape Air so your bags are going to transfer just fine. One hour is plenty to connect in SJU, even though you now have learned that your back to a two hour window. This past feb I flew Delta and we arrived in SJU with a 2 hours window, like yourself. I went to the Cape Air desk and as to be put on standby for the earlier flight. Within 15 minutes they called my name and we got to the island 1 hour earlier, plus our bags came right with us. You might check with the desk to see if you can make an earlier flight, just might work out.

:-)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cape Air Flight Change-Is this common?

That's a good idea. We'll do that for sure! Thanks

Worcester...
Level Contributor
351 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cape Air Flight Change-Is this common?

Curt, I spoke with Cape Air's corporate office just yesterday trying to arrange baggage transfers on trips where Cape Air was a seperate booing. They reaffirmed that although there may be a intercompany agreement, if not booked together the airline may, or may not transfer. One needs to ask at the original departure city and ask America/United/JetBlue etc. to transfer. They are not required to, so its a toss of the coin. Our last experience, they would not transfer.

Erica B, if you do NOT get a transfers, one hour with checked bags would be tight, IMO; which seems to be resolved in your case, but for other travelers FYI. With them transferring, an hour is just fine. Also, Cape Air did just have a number of flight schedule changes, as we too received emails. Most were just minutes but not all, and non of them were glitches for us. I might double check just to be sure We had to rearrange some, but they are great at rescheduling you on to another flight, space provided. Even stand by as Curt pointed out.

8. Re: Cape Air Flight Change-Is this common?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques