We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in May

Level Contributor
75 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
weather in May

Although we have been to Vieques and Culebra several times, we have never been in May. What is the weather like during the first part of May? I had read that it can be very rainy. Does this mean showers or several days of rain? What about humidity? Thanks for your help.

Lancaster PA
Level Contributor
255 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in May

I've been there the past three years in May and the weather can be rainy but I wouldn't necessarily say very rainy. Generally it's not an all day rain, and often happens at night or early morning so it shouldn't prevent you from enjoying the island. I will say I find the mosquitoes are more plentiful because of it and it's not a time to leave the doors/windows open especially at dawn and dusk.

Level Contributor
75 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in May

Thank you for the information. We will be going the first 2 weeks in May---rain or shine!

Lancaster PA
Level Contributor
255 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in May

I'd go in a heartbeat...enjoy Vieques!

4. Re: weather in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques
Recent Conversations