We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Under 25

Taylor, Michigan
Level Contributor
16 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental Under 25

This is my last ditch effort to find a car rental company that will rent to me. I feel like I've tried everything. A lot of posts on this forum are saying AVIS will for a fee but I just called them and even they won't rent to me on Vieques. Am I going to have to go there without a car and not see everything you go to Vieques to see? Or is there even ONE rental agency that will rent to drivers under 25?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,193 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental Under 25

Have you tried contacting Chepito?

boston
Level Contributor
545 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental Under 25

Have you called Maritza or Chepito? Chepito may do it if, and big if, he has a car available. Contact wherever you are staying and ask them. No idea where you are staying, but some house owners will make a car available. You could take publicos to some beaches. We saw several people take a publico to Sun Bay and then hitch rides further to Media Luna and Navio, or even hike it.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,118 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental Under 25

Have you tried a scooter rental. Not a car, but transportation.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental Under 25

I was in your same boat. We are both 24 and are traveling to Vieques in June. We booked with Vieques car rental and didn't have any trouble. I would email them and see if they will rent to you as well.

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental Under 25

You can try Miseal- he is independent and has older jeeps.We have rented from him the

st 2years.Phone for him

787-428-2694

You should be able to have your own car insurance cover you on your rental if you have full coverage.Good luck!!

6. Re: Car Rental Under 25

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 05:16