We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather conditions?

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fayetteville...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Weather conditions?

Our highly anticipated trip to Vieques is coming up in just a few short days. It looks like a lot of rain in the forecast! Does anyone know what the current weather is like? It looks as though the forecast is the same for this week as it is for next week. We arrive Sunday the 13th. We were hoping maybe if it does rain only for a short while and then it will clear up.. Any insight would be helpful! Thanks!

Ohio
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather conditions?

It always seems to predict 40+ percent rain but if it's any precip at all , it's a welcomed passing shower. I am leaving sadly Tomorow and it's quite dry here in vieques, rain would be welcome for the grass and wild horses to eat said grass... The weather has been gorgeous and enjoy your stay on this funky island

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
8,756 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather conditions?

Forecast always predicts rain as we are in the caribbean. It has been quite dry lately, so don't worry much.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
438 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather conditions?

Check out "Top questions about Isla de Vieques" on the right. One of the top questions is "Will it rain the whole week we are there?"

Isla de Vieques...
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather conditions?

It has been extremely dry here for at least the past four weeks. We get passing showers that last 15 to 30 seconds. Last week we did get a downpour that gave us a much needed 3/10 of an inch by my rain gauge, but that last five minutes, or less. I wouldn't worry too much about rain. There's always some in the forecast, but it seldom arrives with any significance.

Fayetteville...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather conditions?

As soon as I posted this question I looked over to see my answer in the top questions! Opps! We were going to seriously bummed out if it rained all day! Thanks for all your input. We are so excited!!!

New London, New...
Level Contributor
366 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather conditions?

Christina, Don't be sorry. With last weeks hurricane off the east coast, you are smart to be concerned. Seems like storm season is coming early this year. Here a link to may favorite strom tracking site: http://stormcarib.com/

New York, NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather conditions?

Showers have been isolated. Every day the sun comes out for a while. You will luck out. No tropical storms around and rainy season is weeks away. May through July is the best time to visit, in my opinion.

Edited: 11 July 2014, 02:31
8. Re: Weather conditions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 22:16