We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Martineau Bay

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Mexico
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Martineau Bay

We are planning a trip to Vieques in a couple of weeks - wife and I and our 4-yr old. We are considering staying at the Martineau Bay but have heard there is construction going on etc. Does anyone have info on recent status of this place - is it noisy because of the construction? Any other suggestions - we looked at places in Esperanza etc. but seem pretty noisy and we are not late-night people! Thanks in advance.

espy

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Martineau Bay

Not sure. I was there in August of 2006 and there was no construction then. They did have sections of the resort closed off and vacant in preparation for some serious rennovations. The construction had been post-poned and now it's supposed to be on again. If you do not receive a definitive answer here, you can go to www.enchanted-isle.com and go to the "Ask Judy" forum and ask there. They will e-mail you back.

There are other options like renting a villa/house in a secluded area. Many have swimming pools. Casa Ladera is highly rated on TripAdvisor. Visit their website at

www.casa-ladera.com or visit:

www.viequestravelguide.com for more options or

www.cyberrentals.com Click on Caribbean. Page down to Puerto Rico and click on Vieques.

Philadelphia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Martineau Bay

We're are going to be staying at Matineau Bay in early Feb. I too had concerns about the construction. According to the person I spoke with at the resort - there is some minor construction going on but should not impact us. The other reviews I read did note that the service is spotty because of the transition. I'll let you know how it goes for us after we return but we may be there at the same time.

3. Re: Martineau Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 15:19