We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wine/liquor available

lou
charlton, ma
Level Contributor
184 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
wine/liquor available

We enjoy a glass of wine or a drink in the evening. Is there a place to purchase wine/liquor or is it advisable to bring some along??

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wine/liquor available

There was a little grocery store that actually has a nice selection of wine. I can't remember what it's called, but it's between Woodlands and Cudjoehead I believe, on the main road. Wasn't paying close attention as I was along for the ride. Maybe someone else knows the place I'm talking about?

London, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wine/liquor available

You do not need to bring drinks to Montserrat. It would be a bit like bringing coal to Newcastle. All the supermarkets sell a good selection of alcohol. If you want good wine, there is a place within the government headquarter complex, I think it was called stationary or something similar.

Shepherdsville...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wine/liquor available

I'm 3 years since my visit- beer was plentiful. Sprints were available but expect to drink like a Brit- gin, skotch, rum. No bourbon, no malt fu-fu drinks, no unusual stu (e.g. Absynthe). Wine was available but princely and crappy- coming to the Carribean for wine is like going to Canada for the beach. If you want something special, pack it. If you're ok with Latin American swill, wine is purchasable.

Buy a 6 pack of El Presidente. If you like it, plenty to drink on Strat.

4. Re: wine/liquor available

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Montserrat
Recent Conversations