We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon suggestions

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon suggestions

We were planning on staying in sbh fo r3-4 nights for our honeymoon

We are marrying in st kitts and staying there for a week.

Im concerne dwith the flights connectiosn and my soon to be husband is scared to get ont he 12 person plane so we were going to fly to sxm and ferry over

Any suggestion please DOes anyone know of way to sail from st kitts to sbh or can suggestion a place that we can sail or ferry to besides nevis.

How bad is the plane ride maybe I can talk him into toi t

we have been to most islands in the carribbean and want to take advantage of the time we are there and visit at least one we have not been to yet

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
815 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon suggestions

I looked into the option of sailing from SBH to Nevis, instead of taking a plane. It would have amounted to an all day trip & I would have had to charter a boat ( somewhat pricy, given how inexpensive the flights are).

The flight on Win Air (SXM/ SBK) is not a small plane. There were approx. 20 passengers on our flight. It is really not a bad flight at all.

I had my reservations about it ~ but, it was totally fine. Flying really is the only way to get there.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon suggestions

Did you fly into to st barts? I was the airport there could only handle plans that held 12 passenger

St Barts
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon suggestions

The biggest plane that can land on St Barts is a 19 seat Twin otter, however you can't be guaranteed that it will be servicing your particular flight.

The plane ride is a doddle, I have flown in and out dozens of times and there is nothing at all even vaguely special about the fligtht itself and the landing "fun" at the very very worst.

The pilots are specifically trained, so go on! Talk him into it.

Boat options from St Kitts are complex and expensive. The ferry from St Maarten unpleasant at best.

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
815 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon suggestions

NKarle ~ I flew from SBH to Saint Maarten to St. Kitts via Win Air.

The SBH/ SXM was the tiny plane & the SXM/ SBK plane was about 20 people.

st barthelemy
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon suggestions

The best is to fly private with SBC. The flight tales about 30mn.

And it s direct from ST Kitts to St Barts

6. Re: Honeymoon suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 16:20
Get answers to your questions about St. Barthelemy
Recent Conversations