We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villa samba

dallas
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Topic
villa samba

has anyone stayed at villa samba? we are staying there in may and are soooo excited. it looks beautiful! any great restaurants in close proximity to the villa?

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: villa samba

Kristin, sorry I have not stayed there but Flammands is a very nice location, there is a big following of folks who won't stay anywhere else on the island! They love the intimacy of flammands beach, and the remote, rustic location.

There are four restaurants in your "neighborhood", two I've eaten at. The first is La Langouste, situated in the Hotel Baie des Anges. I never miss it, I get my lobster fix there. Served with three sauces, it's to die for. Excellent menu, great service. The second is Wishing Well, authentic creole served up on picnic benches, you'll see it on the road. If you're in the mood for cod or lobster fritters, fricasse, stew or ribs, this is a great fun place.

The other two La Case de I'isle and Taiwana are part of very upscale resorts, which means tres expensive. I've heard the food is very good at I'isle, and Taiwana has a rather bizzare reputation on the island for...hmmm how do I put this..."unpredicatable" behavior of management. Too many other great places!

Enjoy, Binti

2. Re: villa samba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 23:18