We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone been in August? Restaurants closed?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
74 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone been in August? Restaurants closed?

I have been to St. Barts in all times of the year except late summer. Unfortunately, this is the only chance I have to go this year. I have heard and read on signs while there that a lot of the restaurants and shops close in August. The residents I have met said this is when they take their holiday too. Has anyone been there in August? Is there at least a few places open? Any help would be appreciated.

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone been in August? Restaurants closed?

My poor angels. How my heart breaks for you. Pack your spear fish and hope for the best!

Darlings, there is no reason to suffer. many of the hotel restos will be open, I love Manapanay, Le Serano, Guanahani, Eden Rock, Le tom,. Surely Do Brazil will survive, as will ke fe masai and jo jo burger, le wok, and le bouchon. Andy's will certainly be open, and i don't recall le piment or glaceier closing. Chef Huber will take pitty on you and treat you at trios forces, and I suspect New born may be open.. Certainly wishing well, chez yvonne. Le Toiny will be serving some gastronimic,and all of the groceries will be full of summer goodness, great meats, cheeses, and wines. Super butcher shop just across fro eden roc. You will eat. And you will eat well!

Millstone, NJ
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone been in August? Restaurants closed?

I was there last August and only 2 were closed that I was upset over..but with so many choices, who cares.

Francois Plantation

and

Le Sapotillier

I so wish there was a Maya's to go right near my house right about now!!!

Enjoy your trip!

Eileen

3. Re: Has anyone been in August? Restaurants closed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 05:24