We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Property Values

The World
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Property Values

Has the recenr decline in teh housing market affected property values in St Barth's? We are looking to buy a Villa there.

Many Thanks

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Property Values

Rocky, I understand there was recently a record-setting villa sale on the island, E40 million if I recall correctly.

Don't look for any bargains on real eastate there. The Russains are discovering St. Barth's, and they have boodles of oil money to spend.

Be prepared to pay $750-one million for a major "fixer upper" in a less desirable location for openers. Then try to get someone to work on it...

But, if your budget is the sky, go for it! The idea of owning there has always been a dream of mine, too. Can't imagine what insurance costs! I'll rent, and enjoy the freedom and variety it brings, for now!

Binti

Atlanta,GA
Level Contributor
210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Property Values

Our friends own Flamands Blue that they bought back in '99 and rent most of the time.

It's on the hillside of Flamands, up off the beach and had never had storm damage even when the Cat 5 hit the island in '95.

Insurance is not that expensive on St.Barth.

Property there can be a great investment.

The World
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Property Values

Thanks for all the feedback....I suspect I will have to follow in Binti's footsteps for now...

Thanks

4. Re: Property Values

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about St. Barthelemy
Recent Conversations