We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
212 reviews
Save Topic
Hiking

Does anyone know if there are any hiking trails on St. Barts?

NYC
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking

There is a great hiking trail near Le Toiny. It was recently discussed at sbhonline. And there is always the trail to Columbier.

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiking

Ah, treking through the rugged, uneven cobblestone streets of Gustavia in kitten heels, clutching one's VISA card..combersome packages in tow, sweat forming on the brow, until Caviar Island comes into view..sipping ice cold champagne, nibbling canapes, rumminating over dinner reservations...I'm exhaused just thinking about that hike!

Binti

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,094 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiking

Besides the above, there is also a nice walk from Toiny to the washing machine and natural pools. When hiking is SBH, always bring lots of water.

I love the hike Binti described, only wish I could leave my hiking partner at Le Select so I could take my time and fully appreciate all the scenery!

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiking

Hey Binti

I love that particular hike! I've done it a few times and I'll be doing it again in a couple of weeks! I can't wait. But I thought I maybe should mix it up a bit this time since we'll be there for 2 weeks. Does anyone know where I can find some detailed information on the Colombier hike and the one near Le Toiny?

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,094 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hiking

Vicki,

The Colombier hike is easy, take the road to Flammands, go to the end of the road and park on the right side. Follow the path. Its about 25 easy minutes but I would wear walking sandals rather than flipflops. You can also hike down from the Colombier lookout but its VERY steep on the way back!

There are 2 paths near Toiny. One goes out to a vista and the other to the washing machine and natural pools. The one to the vista "may" be at least partially on private ground. I can't help you with that b/c I never did it.

For the natural pools...park at the pull-off/turn around place right near the bottom of the hill from St. Jean to Toiny. Follow the beach to the right until the end and look for the goat path up the hill. This one is not a rough as to Colombier in terms of rocks and brush but can be steep in parts. You will see the "washing machine" first, then the pools.

You can get more info from locals while you are there.

Have a great trip

mb

6. Re: Hiking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 23:20