We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feb Vacation to St Barts

Pittsfield...
Level Contributor
205 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Feb Vacation to St Barts

I'm planning a vacation in mid-late Feb for my wife and I.

I have a few questions that I hope people can help me with:

1) I was looking online isn't it a bit crazy to charge around $200pp/rt for a 15 minute flight between St Maarten and St Barts?

2) From what I have seen villas are the way to go, are their any that people really recommend for a couple. i would prefer to stay away from apartment type.

3) it seems a car is necessary, any particular kind works better (jeep, mini, H2)

4) Is mid-late Feb a bad time to go weather wise?

Pittsfield...
Level Contributor
205 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feb Vacation to St Barts

5) Is Premium IV recommened, if so how much does it cost?

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feb Vacation to St Barts

4) I always go in February, and the weather is stellar. See you there!

3) Car is definitely necessary, We used to do the Jeeps but found the fleet aging and tired, as were our rears after bumping around. I like an automatic now.

2) Yes, a villa is definitely the way to go, too many options to choose from. Lots of one-bedrooms, but remember you can rent two, three,four bedroom villas for less. The other bedrooms will just be locked in some cases.

1) Yes, it's ridiculous, but it's the best option for your SXM-SBH leg.

Binti

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Feb Vacation to St Barts

Agree w/Binti...

1. It costs what it costs....

2. There are many reliable agencies on the island, Wimco and St. Barth Properties are the largest. Do some villa "shopping" and work with an agent to find the best match.

3. You need a car, definitely

4. Aside from hurricanes, the weather in the Caribbean is predictably beautiful year round.

5. By Premium IV, I assume you mean their transfer service. Its great if you have a tight connection, are traveling on Saturday in high season, or have a ton of checked luggage. We used Air SXM's similar service for once due to a tight connection in San Juan. It was $$ spent for piece of mind. We have also made several trips w/o help and it was no big deal. Depends on your circumstances and stress level.

Have a great trip!

Atlanta,GA
Level Contributor
209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Feb Vacation to St Barts

Feb is wonderful...but find your accomodation soon, since the best ones go early.

Premium IV is fine if you have a tight connection.

A villa for sure...with the Euro exchange hotels are NOT a good value----Villa Owners still take your greenbacks at par.

We're partial to this place (Flamands Blue: www.stbartsvilla.com), but there are lots of others from agencies or owners directly.

Have a great trip...you will LOVE St.Barts!

Look at St.Barth Commuter...limited schedule but better price.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
454 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Feb Vacation to St Barts

Looks like most of your questions were already answered, but I figured I would share my recommendation for Villa Santal. My husband and I stayed there for our honeymoon this past July. The villa has two bedrooms, but was also great for one couple. Here's my review:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147338-r188…

Wherever you choose to stay in St. Barts, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. Enjoy!

6. Re: Feb Vacation to St Barts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 13:17