We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to avoid celebrities

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
639 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Want to avoid celebrities

Are there hotels where celebrities frequent? I want to avoid photographers/papparazzi on our trip.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,211 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to avoid celebrities

Hi Mom25,

Reports of celebrities and paparazzi in SBH are highly exagerated. With the exception of the Xmas season, most of the rich and famous who visit the island do so to get away from the maddening crowds and autograph seekers, rather than to make the cover of People. You might not even recognize them when you see them in the Match or at a restaurant.

You may be interested to know that France (and SBH is governed by French law) has some of the toughest privacy laws in the world. Its basically illegal to take pictures of stars or anyone else without their permission. So you're not going to run into Beyonce chased by a a string of photographers at the Eden Rock or anywhere else on the island. Either the photos are part of a publicity scheme or taken from a distance illegally.

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Want to avoid celebrities

I adore your post. Most people visiting are absolutely dying to run into David Letterman or Jack Nickolson!

Many celebrities prefer the comfort of their own, or best friend's, yacht, affords more privacy and security than a hotel can offer. And, as mentioned, the "high season" for celebs is New Years.

There is a photographer who does the resto scene at night, Alan, he's very kind, and will ask before taking your picture. He wants to sell it to you as a momento, and he's very appropriate, he's been there as long as I remember. Just say no or say "cheese"!

Binti

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
639 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Want to avoid celebrities

I used to be an actress and I don't enjoy spending time with actors generally. Generally, They are all self-absorbed and do everything for publicity. You are right where you say that some if not all photos are "planned".

4. Re: Want to avoid celebrities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 23:19
Get answers to your questions about St. Barthelemy
Recent Conversations