We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels???

Philadelphia
2 posts
Save Topic
Hotels???

My husband and I are going on our first trip to St. Barts in January. The prices at the top hotels (Isle de France, Ghaun. LeToiny) are just too much for us to justify.

What would you all consider to be the best of the next level of hotels. My main concern is that it is clean, nicely appointed, nice views, etc. But with a price that is not more than $600 a night.

A villa won't really work because we aren't staying a full week.

Someone mentioned the Manapany to me...web site looks nice, but looks can be deceiving!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Chicago...
Level Contributor
831 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels???

If you have not booked your flight yet, I would hold off. Isle de France and the other two are less expensive in Spring. It is beautiful in May and you do have the crowds.

Chicago...
Level Contributor
831 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels???

CORRECTION -- My post should have read that you do NOT have the crowds.

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels???

Manapany is an excellent choice. They have a lovely pool, bar, and restaurant with italian cuisine. They also have a beach with nice appointments. It is in a convenient location, and they may have shuttle service to Gustavia, although I would recommend renting a car, even for a couple of days. You will want to explore.

For more spartan accomodations at a very reasonable price try the Sunset ($100/night) in Gustavia.

Le Tropical in St. Jean is also a great choice, terrific location, and I think it ran around $250/night, check out the websites.

Don't rule out a villa, especially try renting directly through the owner. If they are not booked, they make no income! Try contacting Dennis at www.case.et.cuisine@att.net

it's a lovely 2 bedroom (that can be rented as one bedroom) in Marigot with pool and terrace, and is very reasonably priced.

Good luck, Binti

santa barbara
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels???

Manapany is not great and not on a great beach either. The highest price hotels are not all the best in St Barths, as the beaches are not

the nicest for swimming. So it is good you are looking around.

The very best deal for your money is the Emeraude Plage Hotel on St Jean Beach, one step away from the high priced Eden Rock. The good thing about being on St Jean Beach also is the easy walking to

little restaurants and markets. Emeraude has a nice eating bar on the beach and little kitchens on your patio that face the sea.

Traffic can be heavy in January so it is nice for you to get to walk places too. St Jean is a beautiful beach, and go look up the web site for Emeraude Plage Hotel. If they are booked try the Bleu Outremer on the same beach.

Philadelphia
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels???

Thanks for your thoughts/suggestions.

What is everyone's take on Christopher Sofitel? No beach access I know, but if we have a car and can drive to beaches, is it a good place to stay?

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels???

Although I have not stayed there, only eaten there, the hotel gets consistently good reviews. the restaurants are wonderful.

As you can see, it's really hard to go wrong in St. Barth!

Atlanta,GA
Level Contributor
209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels???

I agree Manapany is not a great choice, since the beach is rocky and one of the Island's least desireable, along with the one in Marigot. It's hard to go wrong in Flamands (where the Isle de France is located), St. Jean or Lorient. You may check with villa owners diretly who will rent to you for less than a week. The villa mentioned Case et Cusine looks lovely, and well appointed, but has very limited views and is right on the main road in Marigot across from what little beach if any there is there.

santa barbara
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels???

If this is your first time in St Barths, you may want to stay on a beach.

And while Christophe hotel is nice, and has a pool, you will have to drive to go any where and it is in Point Milou which is not too central. and the driving is crazy on the island.

Why not try one of the hotels on St Jean that are walking distance to everything so many restaurants but private at the same time. You would have a great and beautiful beach to view, swim and take relaxing walks on.

Three good suggestions are first the

Emeraude Plage Hotel

Bleu Outremer

Islet de Plage

They all have kitchens, and nice guests and privacy too.

They are on the same beach as the very expensive Eden Rock, but as Eden Rock is in constant construction, even when the hotel is open,

it is not a recomnedation for now.

Westport...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels???

be sure to check out Village St. Jean. It is a wonderful, reasonable hotel, and the owners are some of the nicest people on the island.