We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best beach

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
180 posts
227 reviews
Save Topic
best beach

My husband and I will spend a day in St.Barth. We will travel Windsurf. Is there any upscale Hotel we could spend a day using their facilities, beach, restaurant...

Thanks!

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
7 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best beach

A few suggestions. You could try the Hotel Christopher below Pt Milou. It is a nice place and they would likely accomidate you. They have a great pool although the beach there is pretty rocky, the restaurant is quite nice though.

Another idea is 'Nikki Beach' on St Jean Beach. It is an 'I'm too sexy for my whatever' sort of see-and-be-seen place but they have they have an extensive chair-bed-lounge rental gig going on and the service is usually good albiet at a st barth pace. There are shops just across the street including a great little, french of course, deli sort of thing. St Jean Beach is a decent place to 'camp' for the day.

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best beach

Flyflo, I agree St. Jean beach is the best place to day trip.

I believe the "deli" thing you are referring to is La Rotisserie in the car park. They are well known for their roast chickens, and have beautiful prepared foods, wines, beer, pasteries, a great place to pick up a gourmet gift for someone back home, too.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
7 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best beach

I was actually thinking of "kiki 'e Mo" but was too lazy to look it up last night. It is just across the street from the little beach access path so you can hop up from the towel and be back with a cold bottle of Sancere in under 5 minutes. Quite nice.

Rotisserie is great also, larger selection but a little farther down the road, still walking distance but not 5 minutes.

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best beach

Less than 5 minutes walk through paradise to great food and drink...don't ya just love that?

And if thats too much, just wade out in the water or pitter patter to the unisex potties and let the the bartender du jur at Le Plage pour one up for you while you take care of business.

Did I mention it's 15 degrees in Columbus and 80 in St. Barth?

74 days and counting...........

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
180 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best beach

Thank you for the ideas!

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
2,210 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best beach

Is it easy to get a taxi back from St. Jean beach when we are ready to leave? We will also be in St. Barts for only several hours, taking an excursion from St. Marten.

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best beach

Ask the taxi driver that drops you off to pick you up for the return trip. Taxis are not plentiful, and I only see them in Gustavia waiting for the cruise ship tourists.

If worst comes to worst, get out on the main road and thumb it! You think I'm kidding, but hitchhiking is common, and that stretch between St. Jean and Gustavia is highly traveled, someone will get you back to the ferry, promise!