We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Without Kids or Conventions

Long Beach, New York
Level Contributor
307 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon Without Kids or Conventions

I am the father of the groom. The couple will be married on June 4, 2011 in Connecticut. I am providing the honeymoon and it's been a long time since I was last on a honeymoon so my knowledge is rather limited in that respect.

The couple is looking for a facility in the Caribbean and mentioned St. Bart's.

They’re looking for a 9-day stay the beginning of June. They would like a facility that is beautiful, an ocean view, no kids,no conventions, and some entertainment.

What would you recommend? They are both in their 30s, have professional jobs, and have traveled around the world for their jobs.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,822 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Without Kids or Conventions

Conventions are a rarity on St. Bart's so that shouldn't be an issue.

For beach front accommodations check out Isle de France (a really nice boutique hotel) or Eden Rock (a larger full service resort). If those don't meet your needs try looking at Guanahani Hotel & Spa or Le Toiny.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Without Kids or Conventions

Umm, Isle de France will have at least a couple kids on property - I should know - I brought my 12 & 8 year olds down there a couple weeks ago. There were usually a couple families around the beach or at breakfast on any given day. No big deal, everyone was well-behaved, but the property does not come advertised as kid-free.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Without Kids or Conventions

In my opinion, Eden Rock is the best on the island. My husband I stayed there a few years ago and loved it. We would stay there again, but we now only book villas on St. Barts. You may want to also consider renting them a villa. June is off season so you can get an amazing villa for a good rate.

Long Beach, New York
Level Contributor
307 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Without Kids or Conventions

Thanks for the insight.

Irvington
Level Contributor
163 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon Without Kids or Conventions

If you look at villa's (probably the only sure way to avoid kids) don't limit yourself to one-bedroom villas...you can rent villas with several bedrooms for the price of just one...especially I would think at that time of year. The villa idea is great...there are some spectacular ones on the island and you can get one with private pools etc, very romantic. Check out these rental agencies...Wimco, St. Barths Properties, Marla Villas and there are more, just not coming to me at the moment.

6. Re: Honeymoon Without Kids or Conventions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2011, 06:58