We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Hotel Le Toiny Child Friendly? Or Just For Honeymoons?

Moscow, Russia
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is Hotel Le Toiny Child Friendly? Or Just For Honeymoons?

We have a 12 year old boy , and 7 year old twins [girl and boy]. We are going to stay in the 3 BDRM La Villa in late August and are wondering whether our children will feel awkward with tons of "romantic" adults.

How child friendly is the hotel? the beach? the restaurant / room service?

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Hotel Le Toiny Child Friendly? Or Just For Honeymoons?

I can't speak specifically for the hotel because we have never stayed there, only dined in the restaurant. That being said, if they offer a three bedroom villa, they must cater to more than honeymooners. You could contact them and check.

Did you know that Le Toiny is not actually ON the beach? There is a beach nearby but it is generally not good for swimming. In fact, at times it is considered dangerous due to riptides.

In addition, Le Toiny is located in a relatively remote part of the island. You will spend a lot of time driving unless you plan to spend the whole vacation at the hotel.

NY
Level Contributor
796 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Hotel Le Toiny Child Friendly? Or Just For Honeymoons?

Le Toiny offers a very secluded experience. It's not that your children will feel awkward around romantic adults, but rather that they won't see anyone but their parents. Apart from meals, you will feel like you are renting a private house.

It may not matter to you, because you will find yourself driving around the island to beaches. Or it may be what you are looking for as a familly.

Some other hotels offer a pool scene or more active beach -- Eden Rock, Ile de France, Sereno, Guanahani, Christopher. Perhaps better for some children/famillies. All are pretty quiet though.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
623 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Hotel Le Toiny Child Friendly? Or Just For Honeymoons?

I would look st the villas at Eden Rock Hotel. That way you get a great hotel, privacy, and you are on a beach with action. Can walk to shops etc. Best of both worlds.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Hotel Le Toiny Child Friendly? Or Just For Honeymoons?

The hotel is very child friendly. Yeah, it is great for a romantic honeymoon but is also just as great for a family get-away. The villa includes a private pool which would be convenient for your kids. "Mamisgirl" is right- it is not on the beach but for younger kids I personally prefer the pool setting. I would def. recommend Le Toiny if you're looking at St. Barts. I read it was voted #1 hotel in St. Barts this year by Travel & Leisure.

5. Re: Is Hotel Le Toiny Child Friendly? Or Just For Honeymoons?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2012, 21:18