We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Three Restaurants

Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,651 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Three Restaurants

We will be there three nights. The first night probably something close to or possibly the restaurant in Eden Rock as that is where we are staying if you think its something we should do.

Romantic setting is important but also like unusual and different atmosphere. Generally we prefer a water view. Excellent food a given.

So what would be your top three choices if you only had three nights?

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Three Restaurants

The restaurant at your hotel is excellent for lunch and dinner. Also near Eden Rock are some casual places: The Hideaway and Le Piment but neither have views. Just down the beach is La Plage and Nikki, both more lunch places but probably serving dinner in November.

We like to eat in Gustavia so we can have a cocktail somewhere else before and/or after. You can also take a stroll around the harbor and check out the yachts. My favorites there are Wall House, Eddys, Harbours and Le Repaire. Some places we haven't tried (yet) are Isola (Italian) and Bonita (seafood.)

Another great place is Santa Fe, just up the hill out of Gustavia in Lurin. Amazing views and great classic French cooking.

Heading out of Gustavia in a different direction is Maya's, probably the most famous restaurant on the island. It is simple, creole food done very well in a lovely setting along the water in Corossol.

If I was picking my favorites it would be Wall House, Eddys and Santa Fe.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
622 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Three Restaurants

On the Rocks at Eden Rock for sure.

Maya's at Gustavia/Corossol-romantic

Bonito in Gustavia-for the view or Eddy's in Gustavia for the food

Mequon, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
266 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Three Restaurants

Definitely Santa Fe for lunch. Terrific food and views. Nikki Beach for great sushi/seafood. You can eat there and get up and go into the water while you wait for your next course. The Guanahani also has good food and a lovely view for lunch.

At night, there aren't really views of the water. I would suggest Eddy's downtown Gustavia. The food is terrific. One of our favorites. The Wall House isn't as good as it used to be, imo.

For your first night, I agree that you should stick close to your hotel and figure the island out the next day.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Three Restaurants

Hi Ttttraveler,

Have you tried the Wall House since the new ownership last year? I agree it went downhill before Benard and Julien took over. We love the new decor and had a great meal last November. It has continued to get good reviews all year, in fact just saw one today!

Mequon, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
266 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Three Restaurants

We ate there in June. It was one of our worst meals on the island, and we've been traveling to SBH once or twice a year for 15 years.

I believe Bernard took over more than a year ago. Hasn't it been at least two or three years?

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Three Restaurants

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. With so many great places, its a shame to waste a meal on St Barth. We gave it a pass after a so-so meal a few trips back and just went back for the first time in November based on reports and reviews from others.

The reason I think its just been a little over a year is that this is the first time they were open all summer. Franck used to close in June for several months.

Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,651 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Three Restaurants

Thanks all. based on your suggestions I think we will do Eden Rock on our first night there. Maya's looks interesting and maybe Bonitas or Santa Fe, not sure have to read a little more.

But would I be better off doing Eden Rock for lunch or dinner?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
622 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Three Restaurants

Different rest. at the Hotel. Lunch is served beachside. Dinner is up on the Rock. Do both!

Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,651 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Three Restaurants

I think I will!

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Three Restaurants

You could do both but for such a short trip I would advise trying more places. If you on St Jean you can go to Nikki Beach for lunch. It has a fun vibe and good sushi and nice salads. Also La Plage has good sandwiches and is a "toes in the sand" experience, just a short walk stroll from the ER.

Santa Fe is also open for lunch, perfect if you are at Gouverneur Beach as it is right above. The views are spectacular so try to get a table along the edge.

Lastly, don't forget Le Select for lunch if you are a Jimmy Buffet fan. Not a fine dining experience but good burgers and fries in a fun setting. Jimmy is a long-time friend of the owner and allows him to use the "Cheeseburger in Paradise" slogan in return for free drinks for life. Its an island landmark.