We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

L'Etoile du Marin

Boston...
6 posts
Save Topic
L'Etoile du Marin

Greetings! My husband and I are looking to go to St. Bart's for the first time at the end of March. I have been doing my research and this apartment rental seems to fit what we are looking for, but I want to make sure before I commit to booking it for a week! We are planning on renting a car, but what is the surrounding area, town like? Any insight into the rental and surrounding area would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

NY
Level Contributor
796 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: L'Etoile du Marin

I don't know the villa itself but I looked it up on the web:

It's in Corrosol, which is a quaint village inhabited mostly by locals. Should be nice.

As with most villas, you will have to drive to the beach. Corrosol is not far.There is a small beach in Corrosol itself, but it's mostly used as an anchoring point for local boats. Not really a swimming beach.

Although close to the Corrosol beach, villa seems to be fairly high up, which is a plus. Nice views. Not sure how easy it is to walk from the villa as roads can be steep in Saint Barth

I assume the price is very reasonable. then shoud be no issues.

Can't comment on how quiet it is, exact surroundings, privacy, traffic, etc.as I don't know the villa. Perhaps someone else?

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: L'Etoile du Marin

I am pretty sure the owners (who are supposed to be VERY nice people) live right next door. Its really like a single small apartment connected to their house. If you are not looking for a super-private option and the price fits your budget then it should work fine for you. As noted above, the areas is more local than tourist. There is a great pizza shop in Corrosol and its very convenient to Gustavia.

3. Re: L'Etoile du Marin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 13:17