We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental company that drops off at accommodation

Stockholm
Level Contributor
79 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental company that drops off at accommodation

Does any one have any tips on rental companies that can drop off at accommodation?

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,207 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental company that drops off at accommodation

I'm sure any would, maybe for a fee. I am not sure why you would want this though, unless you are not renting a car for your entire trip. Most of the car rental agencies are located at the airport and will meet you at the ferry as well.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
79 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental company that drops off at accommodation

We don't want the car for the first few days. But will drop off at the airport.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,207 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental company that drops off at accommodation

I think from another post you are considering Saline Garden and traveling with a young child. If so, I would definitely not recommend staying there without a car for more than one day. While you can walk to Saline from there it will be a chore to lug all the stuff you will need. There are no services on Saline, so you will need to bring towels, chairs, umbrella (if using) water and snacks, toys, etc. Its already a bit of a hike to Saline from the parking lot. Walking from Saline Gardens will add about another 1/2 mile.

Also while there are several restaurants near the hotel, the roads are VERY dark at night (it gets dark about 6:00 PM) and I would not want to be walking along the road with a young child at night.

If you really don't want to a car for a few days, consider staying in Gustavia or St Jean where there is plenty in walking distance. Of these two, St Jean is a better beach.

NY
Level Contributor
796 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental company that drops off at accommodation

I completely agree with the last post. You need a car at Salines Gardens. Otherwise you will feel very isolated at the end of that unlit road. And that is before you even get to the main salines road. You will have a long walk to the beach (feasible, but long) and will feel very isolated for meals. You will also miss out on the island.

On your original question, all the rental companies will do this if you ask. It is customary for them to drop-off or pick-up rental cars at hotels.

St Barts
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental company that drops off at accommodation

As lots of m's and p's says, they will all deliver.

That said, as said, you do need a car from day one. The taxis are a nightmare to work with.

6. Re: Car rental company that drops off at accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about St. Barthelemy
Recent Conversations