We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anse des Cayes Restaurants

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Anse des Cayes Restaurants

Need a recommendation for an inexpensive restaurant close to Anse des Cayes for the night we arrive. It will be our first time to the island. We will be going the week after Easter, so the slow season will be starting. The few that I reviewed close to where we are staying, got bad reviews.

I am also finding that some restaurants do not have a website or prices listed on their menu. Can we wait to decide once we get there or should we have reservations made well in advance?

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anse des Cayes Restaurants

Not too many restaurants in AdC, the only one that come to mind is in the Manapany Hotel. The restaurant there is called Pa Cri and its an iteration of a restaurant of the same name that used to be in Saline. We haven't eaten there but have heard good things. We did do a brunch at the Manapany a few years ago. It was excellent and the hotel/restaurant setting is lovely.

St Jean is VERY close to Anse de Cayes and there are a number of restaurants you might choose. Are you looking for laid back or high end?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
623 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anse des Cayes Restaurants

I would hit the supermarket across from the airport and just eat in the first night.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anse des Cayes Restaurants

Looking for laid back (not high end) the first night. We can drive to St. Jean if there are better restaurants. I did like the menu at Pa Cri as you suggested but thought we would go there later in the week.

NY
Level Contributor
796 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anse des Cayes Restaurants

Drive to St Jean and eat at Andy's hideaway. Not many restaurants in Anse des Cayes.

Gustavia is also not far. About same distance at Saint Jean. But more choices make things more confusing for a first night.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
623 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anse des Cayes Restaurants

Andy's is usually our first night dinner! I always get escargot and a personal pizza. Yummy.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anse des Cayes Restaurants

Andy's is really the Hideaway and is a great suggestion for low key. However, you might want a reservation, as i is very popular with locals and tourists. Another option is Le Piment, which is close to Andy's. If you would like to dine on the sand I would suggest La Plage at the Tom Beach Hotel.

As noted above Gustavia is also not far from AdC and would have lots of choices as well. However, I would keep it simple by going to St Jean, with which you should have some familiarity from arriving there (assuming you're flying in.) In fact, after you get the car you might take a quick drive through to locate the different restaurants.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anse des Cayes Restaurants

Andy's it is the first night and I will make a reservation! We are flying in and getting the rental car at the airport, and driving directly to the villa with the owner, so that is why we won't have time to check things out right away.

Thank you you so much and it's nice to get such quick responses in case we have any questions once we get there.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
30 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anse des Cayes Restaurants

The best place for a resto listing--one that includes a search buy cuisine and location--is here: access-stbarth.com/en/restaurants-st-barts.h…

If you want to try some local flavor, you could try Chez Ginnette or Chez Yvonne. Also, up the hill from AdC (turning toward Colombier/Flamands) is Le Bananiers. They have great pizza (with all due respect, better than Andy's) but the atmosphere at Andy's (The Hideaway) can't be beat. Have a blast.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anse des Cayes Restaurants

Thank you Southendgirl. The restaurant site you listed is much better than the few I was using. The pizza you mentioned at LeBaniers looks great and we will keep it in mind as the week continues.

Can I assume that on the menu if there is no "E" after the prices, they are not listed in Euros?

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anse des Cayes Restaurants

All menu prices in St. Barth's are listed in Euros. Hard to find a Dollar sign any where on the island, but you will find lots of euros! That said, you can pay in US dollars at some shops, grocery stores, and restos (Le Select comes to mind). Just ask what the exchange rate is, they vary from store to store, resto to reso.

Speaking of euros, we were on island recently and found many more shops and restos taking AMEX than any time before. Our AMEX gives us a more favoable rate than VISA, so we used it when we could. FYI. Binti