We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any suggestions for $200-$350 a night hotel/lodging???

chicago
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Topic
any suggestions for $200-$350 a night hotel/lodging???

I realize this might be a long shot, but looking for reasonable priced place to stay for may visit. dedent location and CLEAN would be ideal, with clean being essential. Thanks so much!!!

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any suggestions for $200-$350 a night hotel/lodging???

Hi ljlou,

Its not likely you will find someone recommending a dirty hotel in St Barth, if one even exists LOL. Given your budget for the island you will be looking at a pretty basic place. The Hotel Normandie in Lorient is probably your best bet if it is available. Its a a small, lovely property and you can find excellent reviews on TA and by searching this forum. Some other suggestions are Saline Gardens, P'tit Morne, Les Mouettes and Auberge Petit Anse.

Since I read your other posts in the Caribbean forum, I gather you are looking at splitting time between St Barth and Anguilla and are on a budget. Please understand that you will NOT get to see the best of St Barth (esp from the above hotels) without renting a car. Its an absolute MUST. While the resorts in Anguilla are on the beach, most of those listed above are not. This is because the best beaches in St Barth are public and can't be developed. I am not knocking the beautiful Anguilla beaches but St Barths are very pretty as well, in a different way. SBH beaches are in coves, crescent shaped and surrounded by green hills. In May you will often have them to yourselves.

Also be advised that there was a good deal of mis-information regarding St Barth on your post in the Anguilla forum specific to beaches, topless/nudity and resorts.

Finally, with only 7 days I wouldn't recommend two islands, especially including one as hard to get to as SBH. It is really not enough time to relax on either.

St Barts
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: any suggestions for $200-$350 a night hotel/lodging???

PS, the food on Anguilla is not better than on St Barts

Also, they pretty much turn the lights off on Anguilla at 9pm

chicago
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: any suggestions for $200-$350 a night hotel/lodging???

Thanks so much. I am considering extending our trip a day to do 4 nights in st Bart's. It looks like we probably need to spend more on a hotel in st Bart's than we had anticipated for this last minute trip but that is okay. Would it be difficult to find something in a better location for under $500 a night?

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any suggestions for $200-$350 a night hotel/lodging???

There are lots of fun places to go after 9pm in Anguillla for dancing and music...had to respond!

Chicken, Alaska...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any suggestions for $200-$350 a night hotel/lodging???

There are a number of places on the beach that you can do for 300-500 per night.....these come to mind.

Baie des Anges on Flamands.....

Les Ilets de la Plage on St Jean

Tom Beach on St Jean

St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: any suggestions for $200-$350 a night hotel/lodging???

May is the low season, You'll be able to find something between 300 and 500:

Not on the beach but really nice with beautiful view and really nice pool:

hotelchristopher.com/us/…

Ricky's suggestions are accurate.

Other suggestions in St Jean:

http://www.tropicalhotel-stbarth.com/home.php

www.villagestjeanhotel.com/us/accueil.html

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: any suggestions for $200-$350 a night hotel/lodging???

With your increased budget and now knowing you are talking about low season you can stay just about anywhere on St Barth except the super-high end places. Why not take a look at what has been suggested so far and come back with specifics.

If you choose one of the St Jean options you will have lots in walking distance but should still have a car to get to Gustavia, and our favorite beaches, Gouverneur and Saline.

It was mentioned several times on the Anguilla forum how expensive it is in St Barth...and truly there is very high end shopping and dining. However, there are plenty of choices on the other end of the spectrum as well.

chicago
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: any suggestions for $200-$350 a night hotel/lodging???

thanks, i will check those out. one other question - if my flight lands on st martin at 1:15PM, I am guessing I don't have enough time to catch the 2PM flight and would need to do 3PM? Also, any idea if the Windward flights tend to be prety full? If our travel to St. Martin is delayed and we miss whatever flight time I book to St. Barts, I am wondering how easy/difficult it would be to get on a later flight? I know the weather and the airlines are impossible subjects to predict, but any thoughts? Thanks again.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: any suggestions for $200-$350 a night hotel/lodging???

You need to allow at least an hour to transfer although it doesn't always take that long. Depends on the day of the week and whether or not you are checking bags. The flights between SXM and SBH are tiny planes that hold anywhere from 7-15 people, so yes they are often full and sometimes sell out. Look at St Barth Commuter and see how their flights line up with your US carrier. They are cheaper than Winair.

If you are doing Anguilla after SBH you can either fly direct between the two islands via Anguilla Air or take St Barth Commuter to the L'esperance airport on the French side of St Martin. It will be much closer to the Anguilla ferry that leaves from Marigot than PJIA on the Dutch side. Like 10 minutes versus 45...

Edited: 07 April 2012, 02:20
T R
Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: any suggestions for $200-$350 a night hotel/lodging???

I would to all stay at Normandie Hotel in Lorient! Have fun! ...from st maarten to st Barths just take the ferry www.voy12.com...