We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connection time from SBH to SXM

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
32 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Connection time from SBH to SXM

I've read that SXM is a bit of a nightmare but I was wondering just how bad it is. My flight home leaves SXM at 2:20pm on Tuesday, May 15 - and I'll have carry-on luggage only. Which of these St. Barth Commuter flights would you recommend I take from SBH:

Flight 1 arrives at SXM at 10:15am

or

Flight 2 arrives at SXM at 11:45am

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,227 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connection time from SBH to SXM

While you can take the later one, I think SBC does recommend 2 hours going out. I would check with them. The SXM airport can be a problem but you have many factors in your favor.....no checked bags, weekday, low season. If you don't need two hours the later flight would work.

Mequon, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
266 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connection time from SBH to SXM

Flight 2 seems to give you more than enough time. Arrive at 11:45 am depart at 2:20 pm. That's over 2 hours, unless I'm more tired than I thought, which is completely possible.

NY
Level Contributor
796 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Connection time from SBH to SXM

You can take the later flight. Honestly the real risk you are taking is on the SBH side. If weather is bad (heavy rain) flights on the prop planes can get delayed. This could cause you to miss your flight. Connection on the SXM side should take only about one hour, 90 minutes at most, but rain delays do occur in SBH. I usually cut it tight but I have also missed planes more than once...

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,227 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Connection time from SBH to SXM

You're right....I must be the tired one....the later flight still allows 2 hours so you are fine with it.

St Barts
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Connection time from SBH to SXM

You can use one of the expediting services on the island that handle the checkin for you.

As such you should be checked into your outbound flight before you depart.

Google "St Barts Airport assistance"

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
32 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Connection time from SBH to SXM

Thanks so much for your recommendations. I went ahead and booked the 11:45am arrival. I'd much rather spend that extra 1.5 hours in St. Barth than SXM...

7. Re: Connection time from SBH to SXM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 08:16