We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which days of the week do the cruise ships arrive?

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Which days of the week do the cruise ships arrive?

We are planning a day trip to St. Barth's in July and wish to go on a day where there are no cruise ship passengers. We want to enjoy a calm day of shopping and beach. Any info would be very helpful.

NY
Level Contributor
796 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which days of the week do the cruise ships arrive?

Saint Barth in July will be pretty calm no matter what. None of the huge cruise ship ever make it there. Even in the highest of high season, cruise ships are never really an issue. And July is definitely low season.

To be sure, I checked on two web sites I know, and there are no cruise ships planning to dock in Saint Barth in July. Not sure how accurate they are.

cruisetimetables.com/cruises-to-st-barthelem…

cruisett.com/ports.php?PortID=667&date=47

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
622 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which days of the week do the cruise ships arrive?

I believe that Monday and Wednesday are the days. One of them is a Windjammer cruise.

I agree with mmmmmpppp, you will not notice much if any change with or without cruise passengers in July.

Enjoy your day!

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which days of the week do the cruise ships arrive?

Thank you!

ottawa
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which days of the week do the cruise ships arrive?

You won't find cruise ships in July,but in high season,they can be a real problem.Didn't used to be, but Gustavia is now a regular port of call,and when two large ones arrive on the same day,the town ( and some beaches) can get somewhat overwhelmed

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,178 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which days of the week do the cruise ships arrive?

I know the 'Windjammer' vessels, that used to be operated by Mike Burkes company are no longer in business.

If you mean the sailing cruise ships like , Club Med, Sea Cloud, Star Clipper, Royal Clipper, Wind Spirit, Wind Star and Wind Surf -- these large sailing cruise ships are luxury vessels appeal to an entirely different and more affluent clientele - some of them do commonly stop in St Barths - carrying only very few passengers compared to the big behemoth cruise liners.

They are beautiful to see at anchor and stunning under sail and have very little impact on the island infrastructure when they are in port.

Kennett Square, PA
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which days of the week do the cruise ships arrive?

These sailing cruise ships only hold about 200 passengers and many of them don't even leave the ship, this does not impact St. Barth's at all. I would not worry about it!

7. Re: Which days of the week do the cruise ships arrive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2013, 10:15