We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sorting through 80+ Restaurants

New Jersey
Level Contributor
454 posts
282 reviews
Save Topic
Sorting through 80+ Restaurants

Hi all,

My husband and I will be in St. Barts the beginning of December and I'm hoping to get some restaurant recommendations. Yes, I know, this question has been asked to death here. Lol.

Last time we went to St. Barts we ate dinner at K'fe Massai, Sante Fe and O Corner, which I think has since closed. We had great meals at each, but would like to try different resaurants this time around. We really enjoy making casual dinners at our villa, so we'll probably only eat dinner out about three times. Based on the recommendations I've read, we're thinking of trying Eddy's and the Wall House. How about some suggestions on a third choice? How about Maya's? My husband and I love good, creative food and budget isn't too much of an issue. However, we're just as happy with a casual place as we are with a high-end place... it's all about the food.

I'd also love a recommendation on a good place for pre-dinner cocktails. We tried On the Rocks last time and weren't that impressed. The atmosphere there was great, but the drinks were just okay for the price.

Any help is appreciated!

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sorting through 80+ Restaurants

Since both of your choices are in Gustavia, you may want to get off the beaten path. I would recommend La Gloriette, La Langouste, Do Brazil, Le Gaiac, and Le Restaurant des Pecheurs, even La Plage for something off the beaten path. There are also a couple of very good choices in Saline. Mayas...personally, I would not call the food "creative". It's well prepared, failrly simple preparations in a great setting with very high prices. I've eaten there twice, and would go back if invited, but not on my dime.

Cocktails...the sunset classic is the Carl Gustaf. Santa Fe would be nice, too. Not sunset, but I love the drink menu at Le Serano.

Have a wonderful trip, B

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
622 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sorting through 80+ Restaurants

Le Ti St. Barth's in Pointe Milou and Maya's in Corossol, as well as Eddy's in Gustavia would be my 3 choices.

Drinks would be Carl Gustav Hotel in Gustavia or Do Brazil.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sorting through 80+ Restaurants

Another vote for cocktails at the Carl Gustav!

We had a lovely high end meal at Le Gaiac, at the hotel Toiny. Wonderful restaurant with amazing food and service, but not cheap. We also like Maya's for the view and simple, fresh food.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
454 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sorting through 80+ Restaurants

Well, I think you three effectively made up my mind on location for pre-dinner, sunset cocktails. The Carl Gustaf it is! I just checked out the website and the views look amazing.

I'll also look into all of the dinner recommendations. I see Le Gaiac receives fantastic reviews. Is a jacket required there for men? I should have mentioned this in my original post, but we're not looking for a place where a jacket is required.

Thanks!

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sorting through 80+ Restaurants

No jacket required anywhere on the island I'm aware of...maybe at one time the resto @ Guanahani? However, Le Gaiac is probably one of the most lux and tres expensive restos on the island, so people tend to dress up as it is usually a special night out. Unless you are/ married to Keith Richards...then just come as you are :) B

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sorting through 80+ Restaurants

No jackets required.....but Le Gaiac is a special event type place. Definitely make it a dress up night.

You will love the views from The Goose! My avatar pic was taken from there.

Have a great trip!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
622 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sorting through 80+ Restaurants

I would say that in my visits to Gaiacs that about 30%of the men wear a jacket, but ALL the clients are DRESSED!!! This is a fancy night.

A jacket is not out of place nor required.

If you are bringing one, you can wear it and take it off if you are unsure.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
622 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sorting through 80+ Restaurants

I love Wall House, but I go out every night, so it might be one night in 7.

I would also look at Isola (Italian, but consider one of the best meals). I would also look at Bonito (the old Manadala) so great view. I like The Strand on a Sunday night because it has a nice view and high energy.

I would certainly head to BAZ for a beer (and some sushi) and live music. Fun night. I have seen Jimmy Buffett here a couple of times play here.

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sorting through 80+ Restaurants

Ditto ackbyrd's love for Wall House. Always on the list. It is so consistent in it's food, service and now an enhanced ambiance. Also a great spot for lunch, their daily specials delicious & a great value, and a wonderful daytime view of the harbor. B

New Jersey
Level Contributor
454 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sorting through 80+ Restaurants

Thanks, everyone. I'll be checking into all of the recommendations. I'll let you know what we decide! :)